Michael B. Jordan in Talks for Lead Role in 'Independence Day' Sequel
After being rumored circling J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars Episode 7", Michael B. Jordan is now linked to Roland Emmerich's next "Independence Day" movie. According to TheWrap, he is wanted for a major role and has met with the director.
Emmerich plans to develop a trilogy with "ID Forever Part 1" and "ID Forever Part 2". Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman are committed to reprise their roles as computer expert David Levinson and President Thomas J. Whitmore respectively.
But it was different story when it came to Will Smith, who played the main hero in the first film. He was originally offered to return to his post, but discussions to bring him back fell apart due to budget issues. TheWrap reports his status "remains unchanged."
James Vanderbilt ("The Amazing Spider-Man") helps with the script. Plot details are still scarce, but Emmerich once said the next installment would have a sort of pass-the-torch storyline with the main focus now on the step-son of Smith's character.
The first part was scheduled to come out in theaters on July 3, 2015, but recent reports suggested it could be postponed to 2016.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?