Michael B. Jordan in Talks for Lead Role in 'Independence Day' Sequel
After being rumored circling J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars Episode 7", Michael B. Jordan is now linked to Roland Emmerich's next "Independence Day" movie. According to TheWrap, he is wanted for a major role and has met with the director.
Emmerich plans to develop a trilogy with "ID Forever Part 1" and "ID Forever Part 2". Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman are committed to reprise their roles as computer expert David Levinson and President Thomas J. Whitmore respectively.
But it was different story when it came to Will Smith, who played the main hero in the first film. He was originally offered to return to his post, but discussions to bring him back fell apart due to budget issues. TheWrap reports his status "remains unchanged."
James Vanderbilt ("The Amazing Spider-Man") helps with the script. Plot details are still scarce, but Emmerich once said the next installment would have a sort of pass-the-torch storyline with the main focus now on the step-son of Smith's character.
The first part was scheduled to come out in theaters on July 3, 2015, but recent reports suggested it could be postponed to 2016.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3