Gordon Ramsay's Attempt at World's Largest Cupcake Crashes
It was a kitchen nightmare for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and his "MasterChef Junior" wards on Wednesday, September 25, at the Grove in Los Angeles when they attempted to create the world's largest cupcake for the Guinness World Records. The cupcake fell apart and leaked out after having been inside the oven for an extensive 35 hours.
Despite the big letdown, Ramsay was still in good spirits, enough to fashion out a tiny cupcake from a morsel of the foiled mega-cupcake. The Scottish chef, holding the playful creation as it sat on his palm, posed gamely with the young contestants of his TV show, who appeared to have forgotten their disappointment as they laughed long with their world-renowned mentor.
The usually riled-up culinary series host tends to tone down when handling the kids on the FOX reality cooking competition show. "Listen, they're kids. So, we weren't blowing smoke up their backside and telling them they're going to become superstars. We kept it pretty much real and very close to the bone," he explains.
But the Michelin star multi-awarded restaurateur says it doesn't mean that he will be any less strict on his talented proteges. He adds, "MasterChef Junior, for me, is installing discipline outside of their family traditions and giving them something precious. There's something quite character building when you know how to cook. For me, it's about them staying on that path of discipline."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby