Gordon Ramsay's Attempt at World's Largest Cupcake Crashes
It was a kitchen nightmare for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and his "MasterChef Junior" wards on Wednesday, September 25, at the Grove in Los Angeles when they attempted to create the world's largest cupcake for the Guinness World Records. The cupcake fell apart and leaked out after having been inside the oven for an extensive 35 hours.
Despite the big letdown, Ramsay was still in good spirits, enough to fashion out a tiny cupcake from a morsel of the foiled mega-cupcake. The Scottish chef, holding the playful creation as it sat on his palm, posed gamely with the young contestants of his TV show, who appeared to have forgotten their disappointment as they laughed long with their world-renowned mentor.
The usually riled-up culinary series host tends to tone down when handling the kids on the FOX reality cooking competition show. "Listen, they're kids. So, we weren't blowing smoke up their backside and telling them they're going to become superstars. We kept it pretty much real and very close to the bone," he explains.
But the Michelin star multi-awarded restaurateur says it doesn't mean that he will be any less strict on his talented proteges. He adds, "MasterChef Junior, for me, is installing discipline outside of their family traditions and giving them something precious. There's something quite character building when you know how to cook. For me, it's about them staying on that path of discipline."
More Gordon Ramsay News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris