Gordon Ramsay's Attempt at World's Largest Cupcake Crashes
It was a kitchen nightmare for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and his "MasterChef Junior" wards on Wednesday, September 25, at the Grove in Los Angeles when they attempted to create the world's largest cupcake for the Guinness World Records. The cupcake fell apart and leaked out after having been inside the oven for an extensive 35 hours.
Despite the big letdown, Ramsay was still in good spirits, enough to fashion out a tiny cupcake from a morsel of the foiled mega-cupcake. The Scottish chef, holding the playful creation as it sat on his palm, posed gamely with the young contestants of his TV show, who appeared to have forgotten their disappointment as they laughed long with their world-renowned mentor.
The usually riled-up culinary series host tends to tone down when handling the kids on the FOX reality cooking competition show. "Listen, they're kids. So, we weren't blowing smoke up their backside and telling them they're going to become superstars. We kept it pretty much real and very close to the bone," he explains.
But the Michelin star multi-awarded restaurateur says it doesn't mean that he will be any less strict on his talented proteges. He adds, "MasterChef Junior, for me, is installing discipline outside of their family traditions and giving them something precious. There's something quite character building when you know how to cook. For me, it's about them staying on that path of discipline."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed