Miley Cyrus Opens Up About Liam Hemsworth Breakup Song 'Drive'
Pop-rock superstar Miley Cyrus is all over the place, not to mention exposing a lot of skin in the process. But she opts to tone it down a bit for her new Fashion magazine cover, fully clothed in a black dress that nonetheless has her looking sultry with its high-fashion cutout pattern. Inside the pages of the November issue, she opens up about her new song "Drive", a break-up anthem alluding to her ex-fiance Liam Hemsworth.
Her breakup with the actor apparently inspired Cyrus to write her new song "Drive" right on Valentine's Day, "about needing to leave someone but not really wanting to completely cut yourself off from the relationship." She explains, "It's a time when you want to leave but you can't. It's also about moving on."
And moving on is what she's trying to do now. Despite all the criticism that's coming her way, she says she has "blinders" on for that. As for the stiff competition in her line of work, she welcomes it with open arms, knowing that "there would be no reason for any of us to show up to work" if there hadn't been any, even if she feels, "I don't really feel like I have to compete with other pop artists." She does know how to play her cards right to edge out her rivals, adding "What I wear adds a factor that other girls can't compete with."
Indeed, other pop stars could not pull off her much-criticized performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which the 20-year-old entertainer says was actually tamed down already by MTV who "edited so much. They cut almost everything I did." Despite the backlash, the "We Can't Stop" singer was "proud of that performance," saying, "I feel like music is really stale right now. I could have guessed what a lot of artists would have done that night. The reaction to what I did has been insane. I think it was a breath of fresh air!"
More Miley Cyrus News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign