First Look at Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine and Emily Blunt in Fairytale Movie 'In the Woods'
Production for upcoming musical fantasy film "Into the Woods" has kicked off in the United Kingdom, and pictures from the set flooded the internet. Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine and Emily Blunt were spotted on location wearing medieval costumes for the filming.
"Pitch Perfect" actress Kendrick plays the fabled Cinderella, "Star Trek Into Darkness" actor Pine will be her Prince Charming, while "Looper" star Blunt takes on the female lead who sets out a journey into the woods to end a curse placed on her and her husband by a vengeful witch.
In the photos taken from the Dover Castle in the town of the same name, Kendrick showed off her slim waist in a white frilly figure-hugging dress, paired with matching lace-up white boots and tiara. Pine channeled his inner prince in a grey tunic and black trousers with gold brocade.
Despite her role as the Baker's Wife who couldn't have a child due to the witch's curse, Blunt showed off a hint of a baby bump. The 30-year-old star who is expecting her first child with husband John Krasinski hid her growing belly under a burgundy dress topped with a blue apron.
They were joined on the set by James Corden as the Baker, Christine Baranski as the evil Stepmother, Mackenzie Mauzy as Rapunzel & Billy Magnussen as her Prince, and Tracey Ullman as Jack's Mother. Those characters from various Grimm fables will cross paths with Blunt's character.
One of the set pictures showed Cinderella and her Prince arriving in a carriage with her stepmother welcoming her. Two females, presumably the wicked stepsisters, joined them for the scene wearing similar black dresses as Baranski. They wore black glasses and had walking sticks, hinting at the loss of their eyesight.
The fairytale crossover is directed by Rob Marshall ("Nine", "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"), based on the eponymous Broadway musical by James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim. It will released by Disney on December 25, 2014. Lapine writes the script.
Kendrick has also posted on Instagram some pictures from the set. One showed her director's chair with the name Cinderella on it, and the other displayed the ethereal landscape of the historical setting. "The way is clear, the light is good.... #IntoTheWoods," so she wrote.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture