First Look at Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine and Emily Blunt in Fairytale Movie 'In the Woods'
Production for upcoming musical fantasy film "Into the Woods" has kicked off in the United Kingdom, and pictures from the set flooded the internet. Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine and Emily Blunt were spotted on location wearing medieval costumes for the filming.
"Pitch Perfect" actress Kendrick plays the fabled Cinderella, "Star Trek Into Darkness" actor Pine will be her Prince Charming, while "Looper" star Blunt takes on the female lead who sets out a journey into the woods to end a curse placed on her and her husband by a vengeful witch.
In the photos taken from the Dover Castle in the town of the same name, Kendrick showed off her slim waist in a white frilly figure-hugging dress, paired with matching lace-up white boots and tiara. Pine channeled his inner prince in a grey tunic and black trousers with gold brocade.
Despite her role as the Baker's Wife who couldn't have a child due to the witch's curse, Blunt showed off a hint of a baby bump. The 30-year-old star who is expecting her first child with husband John Krasinski hid her growing belly under a burgundy dress topped with a blue apron.
They were joined on the set by James Corden as the Baker, Christine Baranski as the evil Stepmother, Mackenzie Mauzy as Rapunzel & Billy Magnussen as her Prince, and Tracey Ullman as Jack's Mother. Those characters from various Grimm fables will cross paths with Blunt's character.
One of the set pictures showed Cinderella and her Prince arriving in a carriage with her stepmother welcoming her. Two females, presumably the wicked stepsisters, joined them for the scene wearing similar black dresses as Baranski. They wore black glasses and had walking sticks, hinting at the loss of their eyesight.
The fairytale crossover is directed by Rob Marshall ("Nine", "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"), based on the eponymous Broadway musical by James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim. It will released by Disney on December 25, 2014. Lapine writes the script.
Kendrick has also posted on Instagram some pictures from the set. One showed her director's chair with the name Cinderella on it, and the other displayed the ethereal landscape of the historical setting. "The way is clear, the light is good.... #IntoTheWoods," so she wrote.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant