'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Comic-Con Teaser Gives a Look at the Villain
Two months after being screened at the San Diego Comic-Con this summer, the first teaser for "Avengers: Age of Ultron" finally landed online in high quality. Unlocked as part of "Iron Man 3" Blu-Ray JARVIS iOS App, the video gave a very first look at how the titular baddie would look like.
The footage was introduced by director Josh Whedon at the event. As the Ultron mask and gear were assembled together in a close snapshot, memorable lines and phrases from the Earth's Mightiest Heroes like Tony Stark/Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Bruce Banner/Hulk could be heard as a voiceover.
The sequel to 2012's "Avengers" is set for May 1, 2015. James Spader is tapped to play the main villain. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson will be back to reprise their respective roles.
Despite the subtitle that seemed to give a glaring hint at what the heroes will be dealing with, Whedon warned fans not to jump into conclusion so quickly. "A lot of people, because we called it Age of Ultron, and there was a book Age of Ultron just recently, assumed that was the storyline we're doing, which is not the case," he recently said.
"We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron," the filmmaker added. "We're sort of crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from the Avengers we already know about."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular