Britney Spears' Breakup With Jason Trawick Inspired Her New Album
Britney Spears' forthcoming new album due this December was the "most personal album" she has done so far, revealed the 31-year-old entertainer on Friday, September 20 when she dropped by "On Air with Ryan Seacrest". "After having a huge breakup this year, I had a lot to say in the studio, so it was really nice to have a therapy like that and to be able to share that with my fans... so it's a real personal album," said the pop superstar.
The breakup she referred to was her split back in January this year with Jason Trawick, her fiance of more than a year. Trawick, who was initially Spears' agent, became a co-conservator to his fiancee, serving as a pseudo-parent to the beleaguered pop star during her very much publicized breakdown back in 2007 before becoming her boyfriend over a period of 3 years.
The pop icon and mom of two boys from an earlier marriage to ex-husband Kevin Federline said her new music proved to be "therapeutic," actually helping her move forward from the painful breakup. "Usually the stuff that really comes from the heart is usually the best stuff and has the best beat and really kind of helps you get over the breakup really easy, 'cause you sing about it and have to think about it every night but then you're like, 'It's okay! I'm performing now so it's totally fine,' " she shared.
Since the breakup with Trawick, Spears has moved on in the love department, dating lawyer David Lucado. She is set to perform on a two-year residency at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas starting on December 27.
More Britney Spears News
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'