Bryan Singer Creating 'Creature at Bay' for Syfy
Bryan Singer is bringing a giant creature to Syfy. The film director/producer is teaming up with Bad Hat's Jason Taylor to develop a 90-minute drama pilot titled "Creature at Bay" about a modern-day "Kaiju" monster.
Written by "H+" co-creator John Cabrera, the story takes place in the wake of the U.S. military taking down a giant, rampant creature just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world.
Singer and Taylor will serve as executive producers with Cabrera co-executive producing the TV project. Universal Cable Prods. is producing the drama pilot. Other details, including who will direct the pilot, are not available as of now.
Singer and Cabrera have teamed up for web series "H+", which is in pre-production on its second season. Singer is currently taking the director's seat in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" which is in the middle of production.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media