Bryan Singer Creating 'Creature at Bay' for Syfy
Bryan Singer is bringing a giant creature to Syfy. The film director/producer is teaming up with Bad Hat's Jason Taylor to develop a 90-minute drama pilot titled "Creature at Bay" about a modern-day "Kaiju" monster.
Written by "H+" co-creator John Cabrera, the story takes place in the wake of the U.S. military taking down a giant, rampant creature just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world.
Singer and Taylor will serve as executive producers with Cabrera co-executive producing the TV project. Universal Cable Prods. is producing the drama pilot. Other details, including who will direct the pilot, are not available as of now.
Singer and Cabrera have teamed up for web series "H+", which is in pre-production on its second season. Singer is currently taking the director's seat in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" which is in the middle of production.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'