Bryan Singer Creating 'Creature at Bay' for Syfy
Bryan Singer is bringing a giant creature to Syfy. The film director/producer is teaming up with Bad Hat's Jason Taylor to develop a 90-minute drama pilot titled "Creature at Bay" about a modern-day "Kaiju" monster.
Written by "H+" co-creator John Cabrera, the story takes place in the wake of the U.S. military taking down a giant, rampant creature just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world.
Singer and Taylor will serve as executive producers with Cabrera co-executive producing the TV project. Universal Cable Prods. is producing the drama pilot. Other details, including who will direct the pilot, are not available as of now.
Singer and Cabrera have teamed up for web series "H+", which is in pre-production on its second season. Singer is currently taking the director's seat in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" which is in the middle of production.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy