Bryan Singer Creating 'Creature at Bay' for Syfy
Bryan Singer is bringing a giant creature to Syfy. The film director/producer is teaming up with Bad Hat's Jason Taylor to develop a 90-minute drama pilot titled "Creature at Bay" about a modern-day "Kaiju" monster.
Written by "H+" co-creator John Cabrera, the story takes place in the wake of the U.S. military taking down a giant, rampant creature just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world.
Singer and Taylor will serve as executive producers with Cabrera co-executive producing the TV project. Universal Cable Prods. is producing the drama pilot. Other details, including who will direct the pilot, are not available as of now.
Singer and Cabrera have teamed up for web series "H+", which is in pre-production on its second season. Singer is currently taking the director's seat in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" which is in the middle of production.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival