Bryan Singer Creating 'Creature at Bay' for Syfy
Bryan Singer is bringing a giant creature to Syfy. The film director/producer is teaming up with Bad Hat's Jason Taylor to develop a 90-minute drama pilot titled "Creature at Bay" about a modern-day "Kaiju" monster.
Written by "H+" co-creator John Cabrera, the story takes place in the wake of the U.S. military taking down a giant, rampant creature just off the Northern California coast. A middle-management Undersecretary from the California Emergency Management Agency is charged with leading the clean-up efforts as the small town becomes the focus of the entire world.
Singer and Taylor will serve as executive producers with Cabrera co-executive producing the TV project. Universal Cable Prods. is producing the drama pilot. Other details, including who will direct the pilot, are not available as of now.
Singer and Cabrera have teamed up for web series "H+", which is in pre-production on its second season. Singer is currently taking the director's seat in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" which is in the middle of production.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons