Bryan Cranston to Play Blacklisted Screenwriter Dalton Trumbo in Biopic
Emmy Award-winning actor Bryan Cranston is set to appear as blacklisted screenwriter Dalton Trumbo in a new feature film to be directed by "Meet the Parents" director Jay Roach simply entitled "Trumbo". The biopic will recount the Hollywood writer's resistance to answer questions during an interrogation from the House Committee on Un-American Activities which worked to identify Americans with Communist ties.
Cranston's lead role in the said political drama is a long-overdue big-screen break for the talented actor, after smaller roles in such films as "Contagion", "Total Recall" and "Argo". With his versatility, from playing Hal on FOX's sitcom "Malcolm in the Middle" to his most recent critically-acclaimed portrayal of Walter White on crime drama series "Breaking Bad", 57-year-old Cranston is expected to come through with another stellar performance.
With "Breaking Bad" coming into its final season, Cranston now has more time for his other projects. He already has three movies in the pipeline, thriller "Cold Comes the Night", comedy "Get a Job" with Anna Kendrick and Miles Teller, and finally Gareth Edward's "Godzilla" set to be released in May next year.
Screenwriter and novelist Dalton Trumbo is known for writing such classics as Stanley Kubrick's "Spartacus", Franklin J. Schaffner's "Papillon" and William Wyler's "Roman Holiday". He went on to win two Academy Awards while blacklisted, having been part of the Hollywood Ten who refused to testify during an investigation as to the Communist influences on the film industry.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzles With Purple Lipstick on Glamour Mexico. See the Sexy Snaps!
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women