Zac Efron Reportedly Had Two Rehab Stints This Year
Zac Efron reportedly completed two rehab programs this year. According to a TMZ report, the "17 Again" star started using cocaine more than two years ago and he went to rehab to cure his addiction in March. He left California for several weeks to get intensive outpatient treatment.
After completing the treatment, Zac went back to L.A. to work in "Neighbors" alongside Seth Rogen. During the filming, Zac allegedly had relapse and did not show up on set several days. After finishing the filming, the "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" star had another rehab stint.
The site reported that there were several issues which contributed to Zac's cocaine use. Zac apparently had problems with his parents who were said controlling his life and decision-making. Zac reportedly also had "girl issue," although it had nothing to do with Vanessa Hudgens, and hung out with wrong people. Besides, he apparently was upset with his movie career.
Zac, who has been clean for five months, recently stepped out at the Toronto International Film Festival for the premiere of his movie "Parkland". He looked good and healthy at the event, telling E! News, "I'm good, real good."
More Zac Efron News
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her