The Weinstein Company Planning J.D. Salinger Biopic
After distributing director Shane Salerno's documentary "Salinger" about "Catcher in the Rye" author J.D. Salinger, The Weinstein Company is set to bring a feature film on the reclusive writer's life. The biopic will cover the years between his military service in World War II until 1951, when he released his popular novel.
The film will examine how the events within the said period and the violence associated with it have impacted Salinger's life, how it supposedly shaped his literary work and influenced him into becoming a mysterious recluse. Salerno will be similarly on board to write the screenplay, having spent years researching on Salinger that brought about a 700-page book co-written by David Shields.
Salerno, known for having penned Michael Bay's 1998 film "Armageddon", is currently writing the script for an "Avatar" sequel. He envisions Oscar-winning actor Daniel Day-Lewis to play Salinger, saying, "I thought Daniel Day-Lewis not only perfectly encapsulated Salinger, but when Daniel Day-Lewis is made up for events he can look strikingly like Salinger at certain angles."
Although Day-Lewis is expected to have no trouble at all masterfully playing Salinger, backed up by his recent Academy Award-winning portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's 2012 "Lincoln", the 56-year-old actor might need some really talented make-up artists to help him transform into a 23-year-old soldier up to a 32-year-old artist.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3