Terrence Howard's Ex-Wife Wins Permanent Restraining Order Against the Actor
A judge granted Michelle Ghent a permanent restraining order against her former husband Terrence Howard on Wednesday, September 18. Based on the order, Howard is forced to keep his distance at least 300 yards away from Ghent until 2016.
According to a TMZ report, Howard has agreed to abide the terms of the ruling. The "Iron Man" actor also has agreed to pay Ghent's attorney fee as much as $14,800.
The couple, who split in 2011 and finalized the divorce in May, was entangled in legal battle after the "Lee Daniels' the Butler" star allegedly abused Ghent during a family trip in Costa Rica in July. Howard was said hitting and kicking his ex-wife on the face and Ghent suffered from bruises, contusions and swelling as the result.
Howard hit back at Ghent, saying that the story was made up since it was around the premiere of "The Butler". Howard also claimed that Ghent threatened to kill him and he believed that she was serious. He also said that Ghent was treated in a psychiatric facility in the past.
Ghent won temporary restraining order against the actor in August. At that time, the judge ordered Howard to stay at least 100 feet away from Ghent.
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West, Not Monica Rose, Was Responsible for Her Style Transformation
- 'Gotham': Get First Glimpse of Ra's Al Ghul in Season 3 Finale Preview
- Ivanka Trump Gets Blasted for Insensitive 'Champagne Popsicle' Tweet on Memorial Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio Spotted With Leggy Models in Monaco
- 2 Chainz Reveals 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' Track List, Shares New Song '4 AM' Ft. Travis Scott
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig