Terrence Howard's Ex-Wife Wins Permanent Restraining Order Against the Actor
A judge granted Michelle Ghent a permanent restraining order against her former husband Terrence Howard on Wednesday, September 18. Based on the order, Howard is forced to keep his distance at least 300 yards away from Ghent until 2016.
According to a TMZ report, Howard has agreed to abide the terms of the ruling. The "Iron Man" actor also has agreed to pay Ghent's attorney fee as much as $14,800.
The couple, who split in 2011 and finalized the divorce in May, was entangled in legal battle after the "Lee Daniels' the Butler" star allegedly abused Ghent during a family trip in Costa Rica in July. Howard was said hitting and kicking his ex-wife on the face and Ghent suffered from bruises, contusions and swelling as the result.
Howard hit back at Ghent, saying that the story was made up since it was around the premiere of "The Butler". Howard also claimed that Ghent threatened to kill him and he believed that she was serious. He also said that Ghent was treated in a psychiatric facility in the past.
Ghent won temporary restraining order against the actor in August. At that time, the judge ordered Howard to stay at least 100 feet away from Ghent.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour