Marvel Developing 'Agent Carter' TV Series for ABC
Peggy Carter may get her own TV series. Deadline reports that Marvel and ABC are developing a project based on short film "Agent Carter", which features Hayley Atwell reprising her "Captain America: The First Avenger" role as the girlfriend of Steve Rogers.
The Marvel one-shot, which will be featured on the upcoming Blu-ray release of "Iron Man 3", follows British operative Carter as she joins the nascent S.H.I.E.L.D. organization and searches for the enigmatic "Zodiac" key after her boyfriend is stranded in ice. As she does her mission, Carter also battles her boss Agent Flynn, who thinks women have no place in the secret-agent business.
Details of the potential Agent Carter series are scarce as the project is still in very early stages of development. It's also unknown if Atwell will return as the heroine.
Should ABC move forward with the series, it will mark another show based on Marvel's character that gets a greenlight from the network. The Alphabet is currently gearing up to debut "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on September 24. Idea of the show also came from another Marvel short film, "Item 47", which was included on "The Avengers" DVD.
In other ABC news, the network is also developing "Esmeralda", a limited/event series that re-imagines the classic tale, "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". "Snow White and the Huntsman" co-writer Evan Daugherty pens the period drama centering on beautiful Gypsy Esmeralda.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son