Helena Bonham Carter Gets Explosive in 'Burton and Taylor' First Trailer
BBC America has released a trailer for its own Elizabeth Taylor movie, sharing footage from "Burton and Taylor". As hinted by the title, the TV movie highlights the legendary couple with Helena Bonham Carter and Dominic West playing Liz and Richard Burton respectively.
Early in the video, things seems to be nice between the two, with them getting flirtatious during a dinner and at a party. But Carter's Liz suddenly bursts with anger and the arguments sometime get physical.
Directed by Richard Laxton, the movie begins in September 1982, as Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton hold a press conference to announce their reunion on stage in "Private Lives". The project sparks rumors about the possibility of another marriage and public speculation begins to grow.
In private, however, old frictions play out once again when rehearsals are rocky at best, and Elizabeth, often late, has not learned her lines. Richard suspects Elizabeth of substance abuse and begins to consider his own issues.
Despite the odds, the play opens in New York City to eager crowds in the spring of 1983. The anticipation is high although the play gets bad reviews, but the production just runs for 63 performances on Broadway.
The drama movie, which aired in July in the U.K., is set to premiere Wednesday, October 16 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on BBC America.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2