Helena Bonham Carter Gets Explosive in 'Burton and Taylor' First Trailer
BBC America has released a trailer for its own Elizabeth Taylor movie, sharing footage from "Burton and Taylor". As hinted by the title, the TV movie highlights the legendary couple with Helena Bonham Carter and Dominic West playing Liz and Richard Burton respectively.
Early in the video, things seems to be nice between the two, with them getting flirtatious during a dinner and at a party. But Carter's Liz suddenly bursts with anger and the arguments sometime get physical.
Directed by Richard Laxton, the movie begins in September 1982, as Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton hold a press conference to announce their reunion on stage in "Private Lives". The project sparks rumors about the possibility of another marriage and public speculation begins to grow.
In private, however, old frictions play out once again when rehearsals are rocky at best, and Elizabeth, often late, has not learned her lines. Richard suspects Elizabeth of substance abuse and begins to consider his own issues.
Despite the odds, the play opens in New York City to eager crowds in the spring of 1983. The anticipation is high although the play gets bad reviews, but the production just runs for 63 performances on Broadway.
The drama movie, which aired in July in the U.K., is set to premiere Wednesday, October 16 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on BBC America.
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups