Billie Joe Armstrong to Play Leighton Meester's Beau in 'Like Sunday, Like Rain'
Leighton Meester gets a rocker boyfriend in her new movie "Like Sunday, Like Rain". It's confirmed that Green Day's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has landed a role as the said love interest to her on-screen character in the indie drama.
Directed by "Ray Donovan" actor Frank Whaley, the film revolves around a struggling musician, played by the "Gossip Girl" actress, who lands a job as a nanny to a 12-year-old boy who lives a lonely life because of his parents' constant absence.
Production has started filming in New York City with Meester spotted on location. Newcomer Julian Shatkin is tapped to play the young loner, while "Smash" star Debra Messing is cast as the boy's mother. No release date has been announced for the film.
Armstrong is no stranger to acting. He was among the cast of Tony-winning Broadway musical "American Idiot" which was based on his band's hit album of the same name.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal