Billie Joe Armstrong to Play Leighton Meester's Beau in 'Like Sunday, Like Rain'
Leighton Meester gets a rocker boyfriend in her new movie "Like Sunday, Like Rain". It's confirmed that Green Day's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has landed a role as the said love interest to her on-screen character in the indie drama.
Directed by "Ray Donovan" actor Frank Whaley, the film revolves around a struggling musician, played by the "Gossip Girl" actress, who lands a job as a nanny to a 12-year-old boy who lives a lonely life because of his parents' constant absence.
Production has started filming in New York City with Meester spotted on location. Newcomer Julian Shatkin is tapped to play the young loner, while "Smash" star Debra Messing is cast as the boy's mother. No release date has been announced for the film.
Armstrong is no stranger to acting. He was among the cast of Tony-winning Broadway musical "American Idiot" which was based on his band's hit album of the same name.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake