Billie Joe Armstrong to Play Leighton Meester's Beau in 'Like Sunday, Like Rain'
Leighton Meester gets a rocker boyfriend in her new movie "Like Sunday, Like Rain". It's confirmed that Green Day's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has landed a role as the said love interest to her on-screen character in the indie drama.
Directed by "Ray Donovan" actor Frank Whaley, the film revolves around a struggling musician, played by the "Gossip Girl" actress, who lands a job as a nanny to a 12-year-old boy who lives a lonely life because of his parents' constant absence.
Production has started filming in New York City with Meester spotted on location. Newcomer Julian Shatkin is tapped to play the young loner, while "Smash" star Debra Messing is cast as the boy's mother. No release date has been announced for the film.
Armstrong is no stranger to acting. He was among the cast of Tony-winning Broadway musical "American Idiot" which was based on his band's hit album of the same name.
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary