Billie Joe Armstrong to Play Leighton Meester's Beau in 'Like Sunday, Like Rain'
Leighton Meester gets a rocker boyfriend in her new movie "Like Sunday, Like Rain". It's confirmed that Green Day's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has landed a role as the said love interest to her on-screen character in the indie drama.
Directed by "Ray Donovan" actor Frank Whaley, the film revolves around a struggling musician, played by the "Gossip Girl" actress, who lands a job as a nanny to a 12-year-old boy who lives a lonely life because of his parents' constant absence.
Production has started filming in New York City with Meester spotted on location. Newcomer Julian Shatkin is tapped to play the young loner, while "Smash" star Debra Messing is cast as the boy's mother. No release date has been announced for the film.
Armstrong is no stranger to acting. He was among the cast of Tony-winning Broadway musical "American Idiot" which was based on his band's hit album of the same name.
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding