Billie Joe Armstrong to Play Leighton Meester's Beau in 'Like Sunday, Like Rain'
Leighton Meester gets a rocker boyfriend in her new movie "Like Sunday, Like Rain". It's confirmed that Green Day's frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has landed a role as the said love interest to her on-screen character in the indie drama.
Directed by "Ray Donovan" actor Frank Whaley, the film revolves around a struggling musician, played by the "Gossip Girl" actress, who lands a job as a nanny to a 12-year-old boy who lives a lonely life because of his parents' constant absence.
Production has started filming in New York City with Meester spotted on location. Newcomer Julian Shatkin is tapped to play the young loner, while "Smash" star Debra Messing is cast as the boy's mother. No release date has been announced for the film.
Armstrong is no stranger to acting. He was among the cast of Tony-winning Broadway musical "American Idiot" which was based on his band's hit album of the same name.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor