Josh Whedon Saved 'Thor: The Dark World' With 'Better' and 'Lighter' Scene Rewrites
Josh Whedon is credited for fixing some problematic issues with "Thor: The Dark World", and director Alan Taylor thanks him for that. The helmer of the "Thor" sequel reveals Whedon helped re-write not just one, but three scenes, in the pic.
"Joss came in to save our lives a couple of times," Taylor spills to SFX Magazine. "We had a major scene that was not working on the page at all in London, and he basically got airlifted in, like a SWAT team or something. He came down, rewrote the scene."
The director opens up further, "Before he got back to his plane I sort of grabbed him and said, 'And this scene and this scene?' And he rewrote two other scenes that I thought had problems. Then finally we let go of him, he took off again, and we shot the scenes."
"They were just much better and much lighter on their feet," Taylor says, praising "The Avengers" director for the changes he made in the three scenes. "[They were] much more fun, much more surprising than what we had been trying to do."
He adds, "I can relate to guys who come out of the TV world, since that's where I come from. And being able to land and work and solve a problem quickly... I really was grateful."
"Thor: The Dark World" will see Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Tom Hiddleston reprising their respective roles as the God of Thunder, his love interest Jane Foster, and his mischief adoptive brother Loki. It will start viewing in theaters on November 8.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3