'America's Got Talent' Season 8 Winner Announced
As the summer comes to an end, so does the competition on "America's Got Talent" season 8. The top six had performed on Tuesday night, September 17 and they're awaiting the final results on Wednesday.
Audience got treated with a number of performances from the likes of Icona Pop, The Radio City Rockettes and Luke Bryan before people found out the champion. Gavin DeGraw had a duet with finalist Cami Bradley, Josh Groban teamed up with operatic trio Forte, and Kenichi Ebina danced to Il Divo's Latin rendition of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".
After some other stage collaborations and a performance by Earth, Wind & Fire, it was finally time to announce the results. Taking the sixth place is Cami, with Collins Key being the next who had to give up his hope to win the competition. Jimmy Rose and Forte were the third and fourth placers respectively, leaving Kenichi and Taylor Williamson in the running for the grand prize.
Nick Cannon then made the big announcement that Kenichi defeated Taylor to take the first place. "It's amazing," the dancer/mime artist reacted to the big moment in his life. "It's crazy." He took home the $1 million cash prize and a contract to headline a Las Vegas show.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story