Drake and The Game Donate $10,000 Each to Ohio House Fire Victim
West Coast hip-hop artist The Game and Toronto rapper Drake have joined forces, not on a track or on a live performance, but rather in the charitable deed of donating $10,000 each to an Ohio house fire victim. Ana Angel, a fast food chain employee who lost her five children and boyfriend when their mobile home got burned down on Sunday morning, will be the recipient of the generous donation to cover the funeral costs.
"I can deal with a lot of things but people losing their children is something that kills me every time. Ana Angel was working her shift at Burger King when she was informed by her manager Pat Boes that her home had burnt down with her family inside it & no one survived," The Game wrote on Instagram. His message had apparently struck Drake, who immediately offered to help.
On top of their $20,000 donation, "@51minds (Marrying The Game producers)" added another $2,500 to the fund that will pay for funeral costs "as well as a point A to B vehicle." Drake also went on his Instagram to commend The Game for his act of kindness, saying, "What @thedocumentary is doing will never be forgotten. Honored to be able to help people along side my brother."
In a separate incident, The Game also inspired Snoop Dogg to contribute to the funeral costs for a six-year-old girl named Tiana Ricks who was shot in front of her home in California on Sunday. From now until Christmas, The Game has committed to giving away a total of $1 million of his own money to those in need, an act which he calls The Robin Hood Project.
More Drake News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris