'Thor: The Dark World' Debuts New Extended Trailer
A new full-length, uncut trailer for "Thor: The Dark World" was released during the broadcast premiere of "Iron Man 2" on ABC Tuesday, September 17. It mostly contains footage which has been included in the previously released trailers, with a few new scenes including the one which features a quick look at Idris Elba's Heimdall and a slightly longer look at a fight scene at the end of the video.
In the "Thor" sequel, the God of Thunder fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Chris Hemsworth returns as the title character with Tom Hiddleston reprising his role as Loki, whom Thor turns to for help. Natalie Portman, Kat Dennings, Anthony Hopkins, Stellan Skarsgard and Jaimie Alexander are among other returning cast members of the action, fantasy movie.
Directed by Alan Taylor with Kenneth Branagh and Kevin Feige as producers, it is set to open in U.S. theaters on November 8, during which the first trailer for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will reportedly be unleashed. More brand-new looks at "Thor 2" will air during the season premiere ABC's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." on September 24.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival