Sandra Bullock on Jesse James Divorce: 'Nobody Can Be Prepared for Anything'
Sandra Bullock opens up about her divorce from Jesse James and also her son Louis in an October issue of Vogue. Wearing a sequined dress by Marc Jacobs which flaunts her toned back, the "Gravity" star makes her fifth appearance on the fashion magazine's cover. Her hair is short, with bangs sweeping across the forehead.
In the October edition, Bullock talks about her split form James, saying that she is "grateful" for everything she has now. "We're all where we're supposed to be. I am exactly where I want to be now. You can't go backward. I'm not going backward. I'm grateful that I'm here, blessed to have what I have. Nobody can be prepared for anything. If you end up in a place where you can look back and go, 'It happened, but I'm so lucky to be sitting where I am sitting,' " she explains.
Reports of James having extramarital affair with several women emerged in 2010, shortly after she won an Oscar trophy for Best Actress for her work in "The Blind Side". The couple divorced in June after five years of marriage.
Before the Oscar and cheating scandal, Bullock secretly adopted baby Louis. The actress, who was doing promotions for the movie, gave a phone interview with baby Louis on her lap. The baby made some noise in the background, but, "Thank God for the mute button," she jokes.
The 49-year-old actress says that she actually was tempted to announce that she had adopted a son during the Oscar event, but decided not to do so. "I wanted to get up there and say, 'Guess what?' " she reveals.
Louis now is Bullock's priority and she will do anything for him. "I don't want him to have pressures brought on by what I do. I will quit. I will leave. If I see whatever I'm doing affecting him negatively, I will pack up and move to Alaska," she says.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly