Report: Zac Efron Has Quietly Completed Rehab Stint
Zac Efron quietly checked into rehab earlier this year, numerous reports on the internet say. The former Disney star has reportedly completed his stint about five months ago, but it's unclear what he sought help for.
E! News suggests the ex-"High School Musical" actor was abusing alcohol, but TMZ claims he was dealing with a more serious case of addiction. "It was common knowledge he was struggling with cocaine," a source says.
According to TMZ, the problem escalated when the 25-year-old hunk was in the middle of filming Seth Rogen's movie "Neighbors" in April. The "New Year's Eve" star was reportedly a no-show on a number of days.
But whatever the problem was, Efron is now clean and is determined to put his past behind and focus on his movie career. "He's healthy, happy and not drinking," an insider tells E! News. "He's taking time to focus on working."
"He is cutting those toxic people out of his life," a different source adds to Us Weekly which also claims he had drinking issues. "[His] friends are happy for him." Requests for comments from the media haven't been returned by his camp.
Early this month, the former child star stepped out on a red carpet event at the Toronto International Film Festival for the premiere of his new movie "Parkland" about the JFK assassination. "I'm good, real good," he said.
He will also next be seen in dating comedy starring Michael B. Jordan, Miles Teller, Jessica Lucas and Imogen Poots. Previously called "Are We Officially Dating?", it has just been renamed "That Awkward Moment" due January 31, 2014.
More Zac Efron News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video