As I Lay Dying's Tim Lambesis to Stand Trial Over Alleged Murder Plot
As I Lay Dying's frontman Tim Lambesis has been ordered to stand trial over allegation that he hired a hitman to kill his wife Meggan Lambesis. The rock band's vocalist received the order when he appeared in court on Monday, September 16.
At the Monday session, prosecutors alleged that Tim gave an undercover detective who posed as a hitman $1,000 in cash, Meggan's name, address, security code to her house and a photo of Meggan. According to Reuters, Tim ordered the officer to carry out the murder when the couple's three adopted children were with him. Prosecutors said that Tim planned to use the children as his alibi.
Initially, Tim allegedly met a gym acquaintance to help him find someone who could carry out the murder. The gym acquaintance allegedly arranged a meeting with the officer.
At the court session, San Diego Superior Court Judge Robert Kearney decided to order a trial. Tim is scheduled to appear in court on October 22. The trial date will be set on that day. Tim will face up to 9 years behind bars if convicted.
Tim was arrested at Oceanside, north of San Diego in early May and was charged with one count of soliciting the murder of his wife. The rocker has pleaded not guilty to the charge. His attorney said that Tim was set up and he never harmed Meggan during their 8 years of marriage.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory