As I Lay Dying's Tim Lambesis to Stand Trial Over Alleged Murder Plot
As I Lay Dying's frontman Tim Lambesis has been ordered to stand trial over allegation that he hired a hitman to kill his wife Meggan Lambesis. The rock band's vocalist received the order when he appeared in court on Monday, September 16.
At the Monday session, prosecutors alleged that Tim gave an undercover detective who posed as a hitman $1,000 in cash, Meggan's name, address, security code to her house and a photo of Meggan. According to Reuters, Tim ordered the officer to carry out the murder when the couple's three adopted children were with him. Prosecutors said that Tim planned to use the children as his alibi.
Initially, Tim allegedly met a gym acquaintance to help him find someone who could carry out the murder. The gym acquaintance allegedly arranged a meeting with the officer.
At the court session, San Diego Superior Court Judge Robert Kearney decided to order a trial. Tim is scheduled to appear in court on October 22. The trial date will be set on that day. Tim will face up to 9 years behind bars if convicted.
Tim was arrested at Oceanside, north of San Diego in early May and was charged with one count of soliciting the murder of his wife. The rocker has pleaded not guilty to the charge. His attorney said that Tim was set up and he never harmed Meggan during their 8 years of marriage.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo