Billboard Names Pop Singer Pink Woman of the Year
Pink has been named Billboard's Woman of the Year. The music magazine has announced that the 34-year-old pop star will be honored at its annual Women in Music event on December 10 in New York City.
"Pink has almost been in a class by herself among women in music this year," said Bill Werde, Billboard's Editorial Director. "When our 2013 mid-year numbers were released, she had the top-selling album and song for a woman, and a blockbuster, sold-out, international arena tour."
This year, Pink nabbed her first No. 1 album on Billboard 200 with her newest studio effort that was released last September, "The Truth About Love". The album has spawned several hits that include "Just Give Me a Reason", a duet with Fun.'s Nate Ruess which topped Billboard 100 earlier this year.
Other singles "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)", "Try" and "True Love" also received significant pop airplay. The mother of one is currently in the middle of massively successful The Truth About Love tour, which was launched back in February and is expected to continue until the end of this year.
"I was absolutely shocked and surprised to hear that Billboard named me Woman of the Year," Pink said of the honor. "It's been an incredible year and I feel so grateful to radio for sticking by me, and to the fans and friends and all of the incredible talent that I was fortunate enough to work with for this album."
Pink is joining other female artists, who have received Woman of the Year award. Previous recipients include Ciara, Beyonce Knowles, Stacy Ferguson, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry.
More Pink News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video