U2's Adam Clayton and Wife Mariana Celebrate Wedding in French Chateau
Following a civil ceremony in Dublin held earlier this month, U2 bassist Adam Clayton and Mariana Teixeira De Carvalho celebrated their nuptials in a French chateau ceremony on Sunday, September 15. The 53-year-old groom and his 35-year-old bride held their nuptials at the Chateau de la Napoule on the French Riviera, where pop-rock star Avril Lavigne wed Nickelback's Chad Kroeger back in July.
As expected, Clayton's band mates, Bono, The Edge and Larry Mullen Jr., including their partners, were on hand to witness the ceremony. After the wedding reception, guests, one of which was supermodel Christy Turlington, had an extended celebration over at Bono's yacht, with additional celebrations expected to take place at The Edge and Bono's co-owned villa in Eze-sur-Mer.
Clayton and his Brazilian bride first officially wed at the Dublin Registry Office, hosting a low-key reception afterwards for a small group of family and friends in the groom's mansion in Rathfarnham. The second ceremony at the Mandelieu La Napoule resort a few miles west of Cannes was more high-profile and required tighter security.
The new Mr. and Mrs. Clayton got engaged earlier this year during the Rio de Janeiro carnival in Brazil back in February. Before they dated, Clayton was previously involved with supermodel Naomi Campbell whom he met in 1993 following an interview where Clayton revealed that he desired to have a date with the British model.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3