U2's Adam Clayton and Wife Mariana Celebrate Wedding in French Chateau
Following a civil ceremony in Dublin held earlier this month, U2 bassist Adam Clayton and Mariana Teixeira De Carvalho celebrated their nuptials in a French chateau ceremony on Sunday, September 15. The 53-year-old groom and his 35-year-old bride held their nuptials at the Chateau de la Napoule on the French Riviera, where pop-rock star Avril Lavigne wed Nickelback's Chad Kroeger back in July.
As expected, Clayton's band mates, Bono, The Edge and Larry Mullen Jr., including their partners, were on hand to witness the ceremony. After the wedding reception, guests, one of which was supermodel Christy Turlington, had an extended celebration over at Bono's yacht, with additional celebrations expected to take place at The Edge and Bono's co-owned villa in Eze-sur-Mer.
Clayton and his Brazilian bride first officially wed at the Dublin Registry Office, hosting a low-key reception afterwards for a small group of family and friends in the groom's mansion in Rathfarnham. The second ceremony at the Mandelieu La Napoule resort a few miles west of Cannes was more high-profile and required tighter security.
The new Mr. and Mrs. Clayton got engaged earlier this year during the Rio de Janeiro carnival in Brazil back in February. Before they dated, Clayton was previously involved with supermodel Naomi Campbell whom he met in 1993 following an interview where Clayton revealed that he desired to have a date with the British model.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story