Liam Payne's Friend Is Out of Hospital After Fire Drama
Liam Payne's best friend Andy Samuels has been released from hospital after he was injured in a fire incident at the singer's Docklands apartment earlier this month. During the incident, Liam quickly pulled out the fire and rode in an ambulance with Andy.
"My face is almost fully healed, my neck should heal. My chest, left arm and leg are still heavily damaged but every day is a step forward," Andy said of his condition. "I can walk, just about get dressed, so I am leaving the hospital. I'm going to get better at home. Can't wait to get home relax and heal. Still a long way to go," Andy said. He shared a Keek video of his hospital bed, adding that he was "on morphine" for the pain.
According to Daily Mirror, Liam visited Andy regularly when he was treated at the hospital. The owner of t-shirt company also thanked fans of One Direction who prayed for his speedy recovery. "Thank every single one of you that prayed for me I am lucky to be here and doing as well as I am and so incredibly grateful," Andy said.
Matthew Baker, Andy's stepfather, revealed how Liam saved Andy's life. "The lantern just exploded as Andy was lighting it and it took the full force of the flames. Liam helped him by beating out the flames and dousing him with water. He acted quickly and swiftly," Matthew recalled, adding, "We are so grateful to Liam because he saved his life."
The fire destroyed 80 percent of the balcony. It took 30 firefighters to extinguish the blaze.
More Liam Payne News
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth