Gucci Mane Arrested for Drug, Gun Possession and Cussing at Cops
After enraging Nicki Minaj last week on Twitter with claims he had sex with the "Super Bass" singer, Southern hip-hop artist Gucci Mane next turned his nasty words on a couple of Atlanta cops on Saturday morning, September 14. The 33-year-old rapper cursed and threatened them as they responded to the rapper's friend, who was calling for help following the MC's erratic behavior.
Subsequently, the Atlanta rap star was immediately taken into custody for his disorderly conduct, after which a search on him turned up a small amount of marijuana as well as a handgun. He was charged with possession of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon and later taken to a nearby hospital as a precaution.
The arrest comes after a March 22 incident where he allegedly attacked a fan who only tried to take a photo with him, hitting him with a champagne bottle to the head as he was talking with Mane's security guy. Prior to that, he had incurred a long list of offenses dating back to 2001, from battery and reckless conduct to driving-related charges and probation violation.
Prior to his latest arrest, Gucci Mane made the celebrity news recently over a Twitter feud with rap diva Nicki Minaj after he divulged the names of several female celebrities with whom he claimed to have had sex, one of which was the rapstress. Minaj dissed him by tweeting, "May God strike me dead if I ever had sex wit that man #ugliness," adding, "He's sick and in dire need of rehab. #Love."
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift