Gucci Mane Arrested for Drug, Gun Possession and Cussing at Cops
After enraging Nicki Minaj last week on Twitter with claims he had sex with the "Super Bass" singer, Southern hip-hop artist Gucci Mane next turned his nasty words on a couple of Atlanta cops on Saturday morning, September 14. The 33-year-old rapper cursed and threatened them as they responded to the rapper's friend, who was calling for help following the MC's erratic behavior.
Subsequently, the Atlanta rap star was immediately taken into custody for his disorderly conduct, after which a search on him turned up a small amount of marijuana as well as a handgun. He was charged with possession of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon and later taken to a nearby hospital as a precaution.
The arrest comes after a March 22 incident where he allegedly attacked a fan who only tried to take a photo with him, hitting him with a champagne bottle to the head as he was talking with Mane's security guy. Prior to that, he had incurred a long list of offenses dating back to 2001, from battery and reckless conduct to driving-related charges and probation violation.
Prior to his latest arrest, Gucci Mane made the celebrity news recently over a Twitter feud with rap diva Nicki Minaj after he divulged the names of several female celebrities with whom he claimed to have had sex, one of which was the rapstress. Minaj dissed him by tweeting, "May God strike me dead if I ever had sex wit that man #ugliness," adding, "He's sick and in dire need of rehab. #Love."
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music