Jaden Smith Criticizes School System in Twitter Rant
Jaden Smith has blasted school system in a series of Twitter posts. The son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith believes that people do not need to go to school because schooling is used to brainwash young people.
The "After Earth" star wrote on Friday, September 13, "If everybody in the world dropped out of school we would have a much more intelligent society." The tweet came after a statement which read, "Education is rebellion." He also wrote, "School is the tool to brainwash the youth."
According to Radar Online, Jaden and his sister Willow previously went to a private school, New Village Leadership Academy, in Los Angeles. The school's curriculum reportedly was influenced by Scientology. The siblings apparently are home-schooled after the academy was closed earlier this year.
Jaden was recently spotted with his friend Moises Arias outside Sugarfish Sushi in Calabasas, California. The aspiring actor, who made debut in 2006's "The Pursuit of Happyness" wore a plain white t-shirt and jeans while the "The Kings of Summer" star opted for a green top and black pants. Moises had a camera with him during the Saturday, September 14 outing.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'