Charlie Sheen Receives High School Diploma, Says College Will Be 'Fun'
Charlie Sheen finally has received his high school diploma after 30 years. Young Sheen was not able to graduate with his classmates at Santa Monica High School in 1983 because he was a few points short of the requirement.
In a phone interview with TMZ, the star reveals story behind his long-delayed graduation, saying that at that time his parents urged him to stay at school and earn more credits. "It was a loose end that always bothered me. I just have this lifelong habit of never finishing things. The idea my parents had was for me go to summer school. My response was: 'There's school during the summer? That's crazy!' " he says.
The actor, however, opted to pursue career in Hollywood rather than finishing the school. "I could think of nothing worse in my first summer of freedom after all that time. I told them, 'Let me go on some auditions and if it doesn't work out, I'll go and get my GED (a diploma equivalency test) and go to college.' But I got the first job I went on. It was 'Grizzly II: The Predator', that horrible thing," he recalls.
Now that Sheen has received the diploma, he confesses that he is not sure whether to display it or keep it somewhere else. "I don't know man," he contemplates. "I'm gonna get a spotlight, cordon the thing off. I think it should be put up somewhere, maybe in the kitchen," he says, adding, "Or maybe just put it in a drawer."
Sheen even jokes that going to college will be "hella fun." "I'd try to stay local. Could you imagine? I would totally be like Dangerfield," Sheen says, referring to a 1986 movie "Back to School" which tells the story of a businessman who enters school to help his son.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates