DJ Mister Cee Leaves Hot 97 Due to Cross-Dressing Prostitute Scandal
DJ Mister Cee resigned from New York's Hot 97 after 20 years with the radio station following an audio that surfaced on the Internet on Wednesday, September 11 where he was heard soliciting sex from a prostitute. The radio personality offered $100 for unspecified sexual service to a drag queen who turned out to be popular internet personality and video-blogger Bimbo Winehouse, who posted the scandalous audio on YouTube.
For the many prostitution-related offenses he had committed in the past couple of years, the hip-hop DJ said he "tried to rise above" and "move forward from these situations" but it seemed like for every "step forward," he took "two steps back" and in the process hurt his Hot 97 family. He then said he decided to leave the station "to take time out for myself to take care of myself."
Hot 97 honored his decision to resign, with general manager Alexandra Cameron saying that although the station is "saddened" by the turn of events, "it is in the best interest" of both parties. They accepted the resignation for DJ Mister Cee's "personal well-being" and in this way, supported him through this "personal dilemma."
The Notorious B.I.G. producer is very much aware of his addiction, not to prostitutes and strippers but to instant gratification, which he said he has been dealing with "for the last 10-12 years" already and acknowledges that he needs to get treatment for it.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism