Bon Jovi Postpones Mexican and South American Concerts After Drummer Undergoes Surgery
Bon Jovi was forced to postpone several dates of their Mexican and South American concerts after drummer Tico Torres underwent an emergency appendectomy. The band had to postpone their show in Mexico City on Tuesday, September 10 after Torres checked into a Mexican hospital on the same day.
In a statement posted on their website, the band states that they will cancel their upcoming tour dates until Torres is fully recovered. "Last night Tico Torres underwent an emergency appendectomy," frontman Jon Bon Jovi wrote.
"Thankfully, the operation was a success and Tico is now recovering in the care of his doctors at the American British Cowdray Hospital. We'd like to thank the doctors, nurses and all the hospital staff who helped our friend through this difficult time," he continued
"We'll remain here with Tico in Mexico City and will see him through his release. David and I spent the day with him at the hospital and Tico sends his thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers," he explained.
Bon Jovi went on saying that Torres wanted to play Tuesday's gig despite his condition. "He even promised the doctors he would come back for the surgery right after the show but the doctors prevailed," Bon Jovi added. The band is scheduled to return on the road on September 20 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Richie Sambora, the member of Bon Jovi who wasn't touring with his band, has sent his well-wishes to Torres. "All my love, prayers and heart goes out to my brother Tico," tweeted the 59-year-old guitarist. "He is an amazing man, a true warrior, great artist and underestimated musician."
More Bon Jovi News
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert