Bon Jovi Postpones Mexican and South American Concerts After Drummer Undergoes Surgery
Bon Jovi was forced to postpone several dates of their Mexican and South American concerts after drummer Tico Torres underwent an emergency appendectomy. The band had to postpone their show in Mexico City on Tuesday, September 10 after Torres checked into a Mexican hospital on the same day.
In a statement posted on their website, the band states that they will cancel their upcoming tour dates until Torres is fully recovered. "Last night Tico Torres underwent an emergency appendectomy," frontman Jon Bon Jovi wrote.
"Thankfully, the operation was a success and Tico is now recovering in the care of his doctors at the American British Cowdray Hospital. We'd like to thank the doctors, nurses and all the hospital staff who helped our friend through this difficult time," he continued
"We'll remain here with Tico in Mexico City and will see him through his release. David and I spent the day with him at the hospital and Tico sends his thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers," he explained.
Bon Jovi went on saying that Torres wanted to play Tuesday's gig despite his condition. "He even promised the doctors he would come back for the surgery right after the show but the doctors prevailed," Bon Jovi added. The band is scheduled to return on the road on September 20 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Richie Sambora, the member of Bon Jovi who wasn't touring with his band, has sent his well-wishes to Torres. "All my love, prayers and heart goes out to my brother Tico," tweeted the 59-year-old guitarist. "He is an amazing man, a true warrior, great artist and underestimated musician."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance