'The Killing' Is Canceled Again by AMC After Brief Revival
"The Killing" revival is apparently short-lived. The show, which returned for a third season this summer after initially canceled by AMC in July 2012 after two seasons, is now axed again by the network.
"We have made the difficult decision not to move forward with a fourth season of 'The Killing'," AMC says in a statement to Deadline. "We want to thank our great partners at Fox Television Studios, creator Veena Sud, an extraordinary cast and the dedicated fans who watched."
The studio adds, "Fox Television Studios is extremely proud of all three seasons of 'The Killing'. We're especially gratified to have orchestrated a unique deal with AMC for Season 3 that included a bold partnership with Netflix."
"While we would have loved to produce a fourth season for AMC, FTVS is immensely grateful to everyone involved with this moving series: our brilliant cast, led by Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and Season 3's Peter Sarsgaard; our stellar executive producer, Veena Sud; a remarkable writing and producing team; and a tireless, dedicated crew. Most of all, FTVS thanks the terrific fans of 'The Killing', who communicated their appreciation for the show throughout its run."
The first two seasons of the crime drama series, which is based on Danish television series "Forbrydelsen", revolves around the investigation into the murder of Rosie Larsen. The third season opens a new case with the discovery of a string of murders, which reunites Enos' Sarah Linden and her ex-partner, Kinnaman's Stephen Holder.
Averaging 1.53 million total viewers, the third season couldn't match up to season 2 which garnered an average of 1.65 million total viewers.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle