'The Killing' Is Canceled Again by AMC After Brief Revival
"The Killing" revival is apparently short-lived. The show, which returned for a third season this summer after initially canceled by AMC in July 2012 after two seasons, is now axed again by the network.
"We have made the difficult decision not to move forward with a fourth season of 'The Killing'," AMC says in a statement to Deadline. "We want to thank our great partners at Fox Television Studios, creator Veena Sud, an extraordinary cast and the dedicated fans who watched."
The studio adds, "Fox Television Studios is extremely proud of all three seasons of 'The Killing'. We're especially gratified to have orchestrated a unique deal with AMC for Season 3 that included a bold partnership with Netflix."
"While we would have loved to produce a fourth season for AMC, FTVS is immensely grateful to everyone involved with this moving series: our brilliant cast, led by Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and Season 3's Peter Sarsgaard; our stellar executive producer, Veena Sud; a remarkable writing and producing team; and a tireless, dedicated crew. Most of all, FTVS thanks the terrific fans of 'The Killing', who communicated their appreciation for the show throughout its run."
The first two seasons of the crime drama series, which is based on Danish television series "Forbrydelsen", revolves around the investigation into the murder of Rosie Larsen. The third season opens a new case with the discovery of a string of murders, which reunites Enos' Sarah Linden and her ex-partner, Kinnaman's Stephen Holder.
Averaging 1.53 million total viewers, the third season couldn't match up to season 2 which garnered an average of 1.65 million total viewers.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed