'Nashville' Season 2 Premiere Photos: The Aftermath of Rayna's Fatal Car Crash
Did Rayna survive the car accident that ended the season 1 finale of "Nashville"? Newly-unveiled pictures from the season 2 opener have provided an answer to this question, revealing that the country music superstar is alive but is apparently badly injured in the crash.
Some photos feature her lying still in hospital bed with a tube inserted into her mouth. Her daughter Maddie accompanies her and Juliette shows her sympathy by visiting Rayna in the hospital and trying to comfort Maddie.
According to a recently-released synopsis of the premiere episode, "after the crash, Rayna is in a coma and Deacon is left to wait on his pending jail sentence. Teddy is still shell-shocked about Peggy's pregnancy and struggles to understand where he belongs... Is it by Rayna's side with his daughters?"
"Meanwhile, Maddie grapples with the revelation that Deacon is her father and, feeling alone, turns to Juliette, unwittingly revealing the details of what happened before the traumatic crash. And Gunnar and Scarlett's relationship becomes even more complicated after the proposal, so they turn to their friends, Will and Zoey, for support."
The music, drama series returns Wednesday, September 25 at 10 P.M. ET/PT on ABC. Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere reprise their roles as Rayna and Juliette respectively, while Canadian singers Lennon Stella and Maisy Stella, who play Maddie and Daphne, are promoted to series regulars along with actor Chris Carmack.
More Nashville News
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together