'Nashville' Season 2 Premiere Photos: The Aftermath of Rayna's Fatal Car Crash
Did Rayna survive the car accident that ended the season 1 finale of "Nashville"? Newly-unveiled pictures from the season 2 opener have provided an answer to this question, revealing that the country music superstar is alive but is apparently badly injured in the crash.
Some photos feature her lying still in hospital bed with a tube inserted into her mouth. Her daughter Maddie accompanies her and Juliette shows her sympathy by visiting Rayna in the hospital and trying to comfort Maddie.
According to a recently-released synopsis of the premiere episode, "after the crash, Rayna is in a coma and Deacon is left to wait on his pending jail sentence. Teddy is still shell-shocked about Peggy's pregnancy and struggles to understand where he belongs... Is it by Rayna's side with his daughters?"
"Meanwhile, Maddie grapples with the revelation that Deacon is her father and, feeling alone, turns to Juliette, unwittingly revealing the details of what happened before the traumatic crash. And Gunnar and Scarlett's relationship becomes even more complicated after the proposal, so they turn to their friends, Will and Zoey, for support."
The music, drama series returns Wednesday, September 25 at 10 P.M. ET/PT on ABC. Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere reprise their roles as Rayna and Juliette respectively, while Canadian singers Lennon Stella and Maisy Stella, who play Maddie and Daphne, are promoted to series regulars along with actor Chris Carmack.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle