Josh Brolin Confirms He Was in the Mix for Batman Role, Supports Ben Affleck's Casting
Now that Ben Affleck has been officially tapped as the new Batman depicter, Josh Brolin speaks up about reports that he was in the mix for the role. To The Huffington Post, the "True Grit" actor confirms that he was in the running to play The Caped Crusader.
"We did. I didn't have conversations about it, but Zack, that was part of his idea," the 45-year-old thesp says. "It just didn't turn out," he adds. "It's OK. It is OK. You know, another scenario might have worked better, but I'm happy for Ben."
Brolin is even supportive of Affleck's casting. Defending the "Argo" star/director against harsh criticisms directed at the fellow performer, Brolin says, "I've never seen such a global reaction in my life. I feel for him, truly. I would not want to be him right now. The reaction becomes so personal. It's like, 'F**k this guy, I wish he was dead.' And you're like, 'What? Dude, seriously? This guy is just working like you are. He's doing the same thing you are. He's trying to make the best choices he can.' "
"I just feel for anybody who gets lambasted at that level," Brolin continues, "I want him to kick ass and I want everyone to love it and kind of eat their words."
Tom Welling, who rose to fame through his role as Clark Kent/Superman on TV series "Smallville", also had nothing but good words for Affleck. "It's great. He's a tremendous actor, he's a wonderful director and I wish him the best," the 36-year-old hunk said at the Toronto Film Festival premiere of his new movie "Parkland".
Affleck will play The Dark Knight in "Man of Steel" sequel, which is billed as a Superman-Batman crossover movie. The husband of Jennifer Garner will star opposite Henry Cavill who is set to reprise his role as Superman in the upcoming action-fantasy movie to be filmed in metro Detroit and throughout Michigan sometime in the first quarter of 2014 under the direction of Zack Snyder.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival