Bruno Mars Confirms Super Bowl XLVIII Gig, Releases Trailer
Bruno Mars is set for Super Bowl halftime show. Following his announcement on "Fox NFL Sunday" alongside co-hosts Curt Menefee and Terry Bradshaw and analysts Howie Long, Jimmy Johnson, Michael Strahan and Jay Glazer, the Grammy Award-winning artist drops a one-minute trailer on his headlining gig during the upcoming Super Bowl on February 2, 2014 at the Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
Posting the video on his YouTube channel, the 27-year-old entertainer chronicles his rise to pop super stardom, from being a four-year-old child performer doing an Elvis Presley impersonation back in 1990 up to his "Unorthodox Jukebox" chart-topping days, using footage of his live performances with his Hooligans band and ending with the artwork for the 2014 Pepsi Halftime Show.
Mars himself confirmed the news on Times Square around 12:30 E.T. on Sunday, September 8 after it was reported that the "Locked Out of Heaven" singer had been booked for what annually was the most-watched TV event in the U.S. His announcement on "Fox NFL Sunday" marks the earliest reveal of a Super Bowl Halftime Show performer, kicking off a fanfare-filled lead-up to the halftime show.
Mars will take after Beyonce Knowles' show-stopping halftime performance earlier this year, featuring a short reunion with Destiny's Child. Beyonce's set was watched by a whopping 110.5 million viewers, but it still fell short of Madonna's performance the year before that attracted 114 million viewers, making it the most-watched event in U.S. television history.
Bruno Mars' Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show Announcement:
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance