Miley Cyrus' Vogue Cover Reportedly Canceled Due to Raunchy VMA Performance
Miley Cyrus reportedly has been axed from Vogue cover. According to a Daily Mail report, the magazine's editor-in-chief Anna Wintour thought that the "We Can't Stop" singer would be a good choice as fashion icon and Miley was slated to grace the cover of December issue. However, she changed her mind following Miley's raunchy performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards on August 25.
Wearing a nude-colored bra and underwear, the 20-year-old singer made provocative moves against Robin Thicke. "Anna found the whole thing distasteful. She decided, based on Miley's performance, to take the cover in a different direction," a source said.
A different source, however, told Gossip Cop, "Miley was never scheduled for December Vogue." The source also said that Miley did not have photo shoot for the fashion magazine. A spokesperson for Vogue declined to comment on the magazine's upcoming edition.
Miley's controversial performance has been a hot topic on the internet, but Chris Hemsworth admitted that he had not watched it. "I haven't seen it," the "Thor" actor told E! News on Sunday, September 8 at the Toronto Film Festival.
Chris explained that he was too busy to keep up with updates. "I've been in Kuala Lumpur two weeks ago, then Jakarta, then Hong Kong [and] Toronto now. The breaks I get, they're with my family. There's not much surfing the 'net at the moment," he said.
Chris and Elsa Pataky's daughter India Rose is 16-month-old and she recently started walking. Chris gushed over his daughter, saying, "She's been walking for a while now but she's getting better and better at it. She's got kinda that drunken walk thing. She has her hand up in the air because she's used to holding your hand even when it's not there now...She's fantastic. She's great."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction