Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson's HBO Series 'True Detective' Debuts Trailer
As scheduled, the first official trailer for HBO's upcoming series "True Detective" was unleashed on Sunday, September 8 before the season premiere of "Boardwalk Empire". It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle and Martin Hart played by Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana.
The story will jump back and forth between when the case first opened in 1995 and the present day when the two detectives are testifying in court after the case is re-opened in 2012. While the trailer mostly presents footage from the past, a scene towards the end of it shows an older Cohle who is seemingly interviewed related to the case.
The investigation of the bizarre murder is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives when the case is re-opened.
The first season of the show will premiere in January 2014 and consist of eight episodes, which are all directed by Cary Fukunaga with the script written by Nic Pizzolatto. Each new season of the drama will feature new characters and focus on a new mystery.
More True Detective News
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel