'Hannibal' Casts Cynthia Nixon, 'The Following' Recruits Carrie Preston
"Hannibal" and "The Following" have added an actress each to their cast ensembles for season 2. The former books Cynthia Nixon for a recurring role, while the latter taps Carrie Preston for a guest appearance.
On the NBC drama, Nixon, best known for her portrayal of Miranda Hobbes on "Sex and the City", will play Kade Prurnell. She's "an employee of the Office of the Inspector General in FBI Oversight who is investigating the events of the first season and Jack Crawford's (Laurence Fishburne) culpability," TVLine reports.
As for Preston, she will portray Judy, Joe's most loyal groupie on the FOX thriller. E! News, which first breaks the news, describes her as "the Penny Lane of serial-killer groupies." The actress, who still has a regular role as Arlene on HBO's "True Blood", joins Valerie Cruz, Jessica Stroup, Connie Nielsen and Sam Underwood who have been previously cast for the show's next installment.
"Hannibal" will return midseason, while "The Following" is slated to return in January 2014.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'