'Hannibal' Casts Cynthia Nixon, 'The Following' Recruits Carrie Preston
"Hannibal" and "The Following" have added an actress each to their cast ensembles for season 2. The former books Cynthia Nixon for a recurring role, while the latter taps Carrie Preston for a guest appearance.
On the NBC drama, Nixon, best known for her portrayal of Miranda Hobbes on "Sex and the City", will play Kade Prurnell. She's "an employee of the Office of the Inspector General in FBI Oversight who is investigating the events of the first season and Jack Crawford's (Laurence Fishburne) culpability," TVLine reports.
As for Preston, she will portray Judy, Joe's most loyal groupie on the FOX thriller. E! News, which first breaks the news, describes her as "the Penny Lane of serial-killer groupies." The actress, who still has a regular role as Arlene on HBO's "True Blood", joins Valerie Cruz, Jessica Stroup, Connie Nielsen and Sam Underwood who have been previously cast for the show's next installment.
"Hannibal" will return midseason, while "The Following" is slated to return in January 2014.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher