'Hannibal' Casts Cynthia Nixon, 'The Following' Recruits Carrie Preston
"Hannibal" and "The Following" have added an actress each to their cast ensembles for season 2. The former books Cynthia Nixon for a recurring role, while the latter taps Carrie Preston for a guest appearance.
On the NBC drama, Nixon, best known for her portrayal of Miranda Hobbes on "Sex and the City", will play Kade Prurnell. She's "an employee of the Office of the Inspector General in FBI Oversight who is investigating the events of the first season and Jack Crawford's (Laurence Fishburne) culpability," TVLine reports.
As for Preston, she will portray Judy, Joe's most loyal groupie on the FOX thriller. E! News, which first breaks the news, describes her as "the Penny Lane of serial-killer groupies." The actress, who still has a regular role as Arlene on HBO's "True Blood", joins Valerie Cruz, Jessica Stroup, Connie Nielsen and Sam Underwood who have been previously cast for the show's next installment.
"Hannibal" will return midseason, while "The Following" is slated to return in January 2014.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns