'Hannibal' Casts Cynthia Nixon, 'The Following' Recruits Carrie Preston
"Hannibal" and "The Following" have added an actress each to their cast ensembles for season 2. The former books Cynthia Nixon for a recurring role, while the latter taps Carrie Preston for a guest appearance.
On the NBC drama, Nixon, best known for her portrayal of Miranda Hobbes on "Sex and the City", will play Kade Prurnell. She's "an employee of the Office of the Inspector General in FBI Oversight who is investigating the events of the first season and Jack Crawford's (Laurence Fishburne) culpability," TVLine reports.
As for Preston, she will portray Judy, Joe's most loyal groupie on the FOX thriller. E! News, which first breaks the news, describes her as "the Penny Lane of serial-killer groupies." The actress, who still has a regular role as Arlene on HBO's "True Blood", joins Valerie Cruz, Jessica Stroup, Connie Nielsen and Sam Underwood who have been previously cast for the show's next installment.
"Hannibal" will return midseason, while "The Following" is slated to return in January 2014.
More Hannibal News
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick