'Hannibal' Casts Cynthia Nixon, 'The Following' Recruits Carrie Preston
"Hannibal" and "The Following" have added an actress each to their cast ensembles for season 2. The former books Cynthia Nixon for a recurring role, while the latter taps Carrie Preston for a guest appearance.
On the NBC drama, Nixon, best known for her portrayal of Miranda Hobbes on "Sex and the City", will play Kade Prurnell. She's "an employee of the Office of the Inspector General in FBI Oversight who is investigating the events of the first season and Jack Crawford's (Laurence Fishburne) culpability," TVLine reports.
As for Preston, she will portray Judy, Joe's most loyal groupie on the FOX thriller. E! News, which first breaks the news, describes her as "the Penny Lane of serial-killer groupies." The actress, who still has a regular role as Arlene on HBO's "True Blood", joins Valerie Cruz, Jessica Stroup, Connie Nielsen and Sam Underwood who have been previously cast for the show's next installment.
"Hannibal" will return midseason, while "The Following" is slated to return in January 2014.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney