Coldplay's 'Atlas' From 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Leaks in Full
Just a day before the song's official premiere, "Atlas" by British alternative rock band Coldplay has leaked in full. It's part of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" movie soundtrack which also serves as the album's lead single. The song also marks the first time that the quartet has recorded something specifically for a film after some of their songs have been used on such flicks as "Wedding Crashers", "Garden State" and "The Amazing Spider-Man".
"We are so honored that Coldplay, one of the iconic rock bands of our generation, will perform the first song out on the new soundtrack," said Lionsgate Head of Film Music Tracy McKnight. "Atlas" also marks the release of Coldplay's first new music since their 2011 album "Mylo Xyloto".
Frontman Chris Martin is apparently a fan of the Suzanne Collins novels. His involvement and those of his band mates in "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" through their music are surely adding more star power to the second installment in the "Hunger Games" film series. The movie hits theaters on November 22 and stars such Hollywood A-listers as Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth and Philip Seymour Hoffman among others.
The film's director, Francis Lawrence, has only kind words for the group. "I have great respect and admiration for Coldplay, and we are thrilled with how well they have connected to the themes and ideas within the film...we can't wait to share this music with audiences around the world."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal