Kelly Osbourne to Launch Clothing Line That Includes Plus Size
Kelly Osbourne is working on her own fashion line. Kelly's line later will also include plus size clothing. The "Fashion Police" co-host announced the news at Hollywood's BeautyCon L.A. Summit event on August 24.
"I had one of the most exciting meetings of my life this week - it pretty much green-lit my clothing line," she told the audience, as quoted by Us Weekly. "When I sat down in this meeting and they said, 'Yes, you have creative control and of course you can do plus size,' I was like, 'It's happening!' "
Kelly explained that her works would contain a bit of her unique style. "It still has to be very me - quirky," she said, adding that her preference might not work for everyone. "[But] that's me, so I have to [also] have something slightly normal."
Kelly said of her fashion business, "I've always been really into fashion. It's just that my fashion choices at an early age were really odd and they still are. I have grown to understand, as much as I don't like it, that the fashion world doesn't really want to listen to what a little chubby girl has to say."
"When I lost weight and started to wear the clothes I always wanted to wear but didn't fit into, that's when [my perception within the industry] really started to change. It did give me a bit of a bittersweet feeling towards the fashion world," said Kelly, who lost 70 pounds following her appearance on "Dancing with the Stars" in 2009.
More Kelly Osbourne News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding