Hoda Kotb Accidentally Reveals Her Phone Number on 'Today' Show
Hoda Kotb was dealing with an unexpected situation on "Today" show Thursday, September 5. The host accidentally showed off her private phone number when demonstrating the advanced functions of the new Samsung wrist phone to the audience.
The gaffe happened when the anchor called the Samsung watch phone from her iPhone as a test. When it was connected and the phone watch was shown on a close-up snapshot, her number appeared on its screen. "Did it really show my number?" she asked. "Oh my God."
Almost immediately, calls were flooding into Kotb's phone from all over the country. "That was from Bridgeport," she said after taking one of the calls on air. Her co-anchor Kathie Lee Gifford joked, "Hoda, you have a lot of fans and a couple of prisoners."
After a commercial break, a flustered Kotb said she had received around 20 phone calls and more than a thousand text messages. "Oh my god, it's happening. Oh my god," she said.
She had actually been warned by Gifford before the demonstration. "Cassidy never forgave me," Gifford said, referring to a similar incident in 2004 when she accidentally showed her daughter's phone number after flashing her phone to the camera when her daughter called her.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'