Miley Cyrus Shares 'Wrecking Ball' Video Premiere Date
Now that almost everyone has vented their disappointment over her raunchy, twerk-filled performance on the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, Miley Cyrus is ready to move forward with the release of a brand new music video. The 20-year-old entertainer revealed the September 9 premiere of her video for "Wrecking Ball", the slow ballad from her forthcoming album "Bangerz" and she even went on top of an actual wrecking ball for the photo that came along with the announcement.
"#WreckingBall #comingMonday #VEVO," read the short and simple message she tweeted on Thursday afternoon, September 5. Posted along with it is the single artwork where the "We Can't Stop" singer is seen posing atop a wrecking ball wearing a white midriff top with matching bikini bottom and a pair of Doc Martens.
Soon after her Twitter announcement, her loyal followers forged a plan to secure another VEVO record for Cyrus, targeting 11 million views within the first 24 hours of the video's release. Before One Direction's "Best Song Ever" broke all existing records with 10.9 million views in its first day on VEVO, Cyrus previously held the record with the 10.7 million views of her "We Can't Stop" music video.
But unlike her "We Can't Stop" clip where she displayed a lot of the twerking skills she dished out at the VMAs, fans of the young pop-rocker openly expressed that they wanted to see Cyrus do justice to the ballad by not doing any more twerking moves. "I'm praying that the #WreckingBall music video will be artistic and not twerky twerky. It's a good ballad, Miles," wrote one fan.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring