Miley Cyrus Shares 'Wrecking Ball' Video Premiere Date
Now that almost everyone has vented their disappointment over her raunchy, twerk-filled performance on the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, Miley Cyrus is ready to move forward with the release of a brand new music video. The 20-year-old entertainer revealed the September 9 premiere of her video for "Wrecking Ball", the slow ballad from her forthcoming album "Bangerz" and she even went on top of an actual wrecking ball for the photo that came along with the announcement.
"#WreckingBall #comingMonday #VEVO," read the short and simple message she tweeted on Thursday afternoon, September 5. Posted along with it is the single artwork where the "We Can't Stop" singer is seen posing atop a wrecking ball wearing a white midriff top with matching bikini bottom and a pair of Doc Martens.
Soon after her Twitter announcement, her loyal followers forged a plan to secure another VEVO record for Cyrus, targeting 11 million views within the first 24 hours of the video's release. Before One Direction's "Best Song Ever" broke all existing records with 10.9 million views in its first day on VEVO, Cyrus previously held the record with the 10.7 million views of her "We Can't Stop" music video.
But unlike her "We Can't Stop" clip where she displayed a lot of the twerking skills she dished out at the VMAs, fans of the young pop-rocker openly expressed that they wanted to see Cyrus do justice to the ballad by not doing any more twerking moves. "I'm praying that the #WreckingBall music video will be artistic and not twerky twerky. It's a good ballad, Miles," wrote one fan.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March