Newcomer Beats Emma Watson and Bella Heathcote to Win 'Secret Service' Lead Role
Neither Emma Watson nor Bella Heathcote ends up snatching the female lead role in "The Secret Service" after all. After considering the two actresses, director Matthew Vaughn has changed his mind and cast a newcomer instead. Variety reports that Sophie Cookson has landed the coveted role in the spy movie.
Cookson will team up with another fresh face, Taron Egerton, who takes the male lead. This is not the first time though Vaughn opts for newcomers as he previously cast then-relatively unknown Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz for "Kick-Ass". With Johnson and Moretz now being top stars, Vaughn surely hopes Cookson and Egerton will be the next.
Dubbed a 21st century 007, "The Secret Service" is based on the Mark Millar comic books. It is about a veteran secret agent who takes a young upstart under his wing. Colin Firth will play the mentor of Egerton's character, with Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Caine taking supporting roles.
There are also rumored cameo appearances from Adele, David Beckham and Taylor Swift, who is said to "have martial arts training in order to convincingly kick Samuel L. Jackson's butt" and reportedly "is also looking forward to working with David Beckham whom she thinks is amazing looking, but taken."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour