Newcomer Beats Emma Watson and Bella Heathcote to Win 'Secret Service' Lead Role
Neither Emma Watson nor Bella Heathcote ends up snatching the female lead role in "The Secret Service" after all. After considering the two actresses, director Matthew Vaughn has changed his mind and cast a newcomer instead. Variety reports that Sophie Cookson has landed the coveted role in the spy movie.
Cookson will team up with another fresh face, Taron Egerton, who takes the male lead. This is not the first time though Vaughn opts for newcomers as he previously cast then-relatively unknown Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz for "Kick-Ass". With Johnson and Moretz now being top stars, Vaughn surely hopes Cookson and Egerton will be the next.
Dubbed a 21st century 007, "The Secret Service" is based on the Mark Millar comic books. It is about a veteran secret agent who takes a young upstart under his wing. Colin Firth will play the mentor of Egerton's character, with Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Caine taking supporting roles.
There are also rumored cameo appearances from Adele, David Beckham and Taylor Swift, who is said to "have martial arts training in order to convincingly kick Samuel L. Jackson's butt" and reportedly "is also looking forward to working with David Beckham whom she thinks is amazing looking, but taken."
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full