Newcomer Beats Emma Watson and Bella Heathcote to Win 'Secret Service' Lead Role
Neither Emma Watson nor Bella Heathcote ends up snatching the female lead role in "The Secret Service" after all. After considering the two actresses, director Matthew Vaughn has changed his mind and cast a newcomer instead. Variety reports that Sophie Cookson has landed the coveted role in the spy movie.
Cookson will team up with another fresh face, Taron Egerton, who takes the male lead. This is not the first time though Vaughn opts for newcomers as he previously cast then-relatively unknown Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz for "Kick-Ass". With Johnson and Moretz now being top stars, Vaughn surely hopes Cookson and Egerton will be the next.
Dubbed a 21st century 007, "The Secret Service" is based on the Mark Millar comic books. It is about a veteran secret agent who takes a young upstart under his wing. Colin Firth will play the mentor of Egerton's character, with Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Caine taking supporting roles.
There are also rumored cameo appearances from Adele, David Beckham and Taylor Swift, who is said to "have martial arts training in order to convincingly kick Samuel L. Jackson's butt" and reportedly "is also looking forward to working with David Beckham whom she thinks is amazing looking, but taken."
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake