Newcomer Beats Emma Watson and Bella Heathcote to Win 'Secret Service' Lead Role
Neither Emma Watson nor Bella Heathcote ends up snatching the female lead role in "The Secret Service" after all. After considering the two actresses, director Matthew Vaughn has changed his mind and cast a newcomer instead. Variety reports that Sophie Cookson has landed the coveted role in the spy movie.
Cookson will team up with another fresh face, Taron Egerton, who takes the male lead. This is not the first time though Vaughn opts for newcomers as he previously cast then-relatively unknown Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz for "Kick-Ass". With Johnson and Moretz now being top stars, Vaughn surely hopes Cookson and Egerton will be the next.
Dubbed a 21st century 007, "The Secret Service" is based on the Mark Millar comic books. It is about a veteran secret agent who takes a young upstart under his wing. Colin Firth will play the mentor of Egerton's character, with Samuel L. Jackson and Michael Caine taking supporting roles.
There are also rumored cameo appearances from Adele, David Beckham and Taylor Swift, who is said to "have martial arts training in order to convincingly kick Samuel L. Jackson's butt" and reportedly "is also looking forward to working with David Beckham whom she thinks is amazing looking, but taken."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says