Monica and Shannon Brown Welcome Baby Girl Laiyah
It's a girl for singer Monica and her NBA player husband Shannon Brown. The basketball player took to Instagram Thursday, September 5 to post a picture of him cradling the newborn baby. "I THANK GOD for her!!! JOY has been restored in my LIFE!!!" he wrote.
Vanessa Bryant, the wife of Shannon's former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant, then revealed details of the baby's arrival. The overjoyed couple's friend shared on her own Instagram that the bundle of joy named Laiyah was born on September 3.
"I am so honored to announce that baby Laiyah Brown has arrived! Mommy and baby are healthy and well. Congratulations @shannonbrown26 and @monicamylife! We love you guys and we can't wait to meet Laiyah! #6lbs 9/3/13," she said.
Monica and Brown met for the first time on the set of her "Love All Over Me" music video in 2010. The couple got engaged in October in the same year and married quietly a month later. They tied the knot once again in July 2011 in a lavish party attended by their celebrity friends.
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online
- More Than 90 People Hospitalized During Chance the Rapper's Connecticut Show
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic