Monica and Shannon Brown Welcome Baby Girl Laiyah
It's a girl for singer Monica and her NBA player husband Shannon Brown. The basketball player took to Instagram Thursday, September 5 to post a picture of him cradling the newborn baby. "I THANK GOD for her!!! JOY has been restored in my LIFE!!!" he wrote.
Vanessa Bryant, the wife of Shannon's former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant, then revealed details of the baby's arrival. The overjoyed couple's friend shared on her own Instagram that the bundle of joy named Laiyah was born on September 3.
"I am so honored to announce that baby Laiyah Brown has arrived! Mommy and baby are healthy and well. Congratulations @shannonbrown26 and @monicamylife! We love you guys and we can't wait to meet Laiyah! #6lbs 9/3/13," she said.
Monica and Brown met for the first time on the set of her "Love All Over Me" music video in 2010. The couple got engaged in October in the same year and married quietly a month later. They tied the knot once again in July 2011 in a lavish party attended by their celebrity friends.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!