Monica and Shannon Brown Welcome Baby Girl Laiyah
It's a girl for singer Monica and her NBA player husband Shannon Brown. The basketball player took to Instagram Thursday, September 5 to post a picture of him cradling the newborn baby. "I THANK GOD for her!!! JOY has been restored in my LIFE!!!" he wrote.
Vanessa Bryant, the wife of Shannon's former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant, then revealed details of the baby's arrival. The overjoyed couple's friend shared on her own Instagram that the bundle of joy named Laiyah was born on September 3.
"I am so honored to announce that baby Laiyah Brown has arrived! Mommy and baby are healthy and well. Congratulations @shannonbrown26 and @monicamylife! We love you guys and we can't wait to meet Laiyah! #6lbs 9/3/13," she said.
Monica and Brown met for the first time on the set of her "Love All Over Me" music video in 2010. The couple got engaged in October in the same year and married quietly a month later. They tied the knot once again in July 2011 in a lavish party attended by their celebrity friends.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie