Monica and Shannon Brown Welcome Baby Girl Laiyah
It's a girl for singer Monica and her NBA player husband Shannon Brown. The basketball player took to Instagram Thursday, September 5 to post a picture of him cradling the newborn baby. "I THANK GOD for her!!! JOY has been restored in my LIFE!!!" he wrote.
Vanessa Bryant, the wife of Shannon's former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant, then revealed details of the baby's arrival. The overjoyed couple's friend shared on her own Instagram that the bundle of joy named Laiyah was born on September 3.
"I am so honored to announce that baby Laiyah Brown has arrived! Mommy and baby are healthy and well. Congratulations @shannonbrown26 and @monicamylife! We love you guys and we can't wait to meet Laiyah! #6lbs 9/3/13," she said.
Monica and Brown met for the first time on the set of her "Love All Over Me" music video in 2010. The couple got engaged in October in the same year and married quietly a month later. They tied the knot once again in July 2011 in a lavish party attended by their celebrity friends.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen