Monica and Shannon Brown Welcome Baby Girl Laiyah
It's a girl for singer Monica and her NBA player husband Shannon Brown. The basketball player took to Instagram Thursday, September 5 to post a picture of him cradling the newborn baby. "I THANK GOD for her!!! JOY has been restored in my LIFE!!!" he wrote.
Vanessa Bryant, the wife of Shannon's former Lakers teammate Kobe Bryant, then revealed details of the baby's arrival. The overjoyed couple's friend shared on her own Instagram that the bundle of joy named Laiyah was born on September 3.
"I am so honored to announce that baby Laiyah Brown has arrived! Mommy and baby are healthy and well. Congratulations @shannonbrown26 and @monicamylife! We love you guys and we can't wait to meet Laiyah! #6lbs 9/3/13," she said.
Monica and Brown met for the first time on the set of her "Love All Over Me" music video in 2010. The couple got engaged in October in the same year and married quietly a month later. They tied the knot once again in July 2011 in a lavish party attended by their celebrity friends.
More Monica News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump