Russell Brand Booted From GQ Men of the Year Awards Party After Making Nazi Joke
Comedian Russell Brand apparently has been kicked out of an after-party for GQ Men of the Year Awards. According to Daily Mail, Brand made a joke about the event's sponsor Hugo Boss and the company's link to Nazi at the Tuesday, September 3 event. Hugo Boss, which was founded in 1924, has been found providing uniforms for Nazi party.
"If anyone knows a bit about history and fashion, you know it was Hugo Boss who made uniforms for the Nazis," Brand said onstage. "The Nazis did have flaws, but, you know, they did look f**king fantastic, let's face it, while they were killing people on the basis of their religion and sexuality."
Shortly after, Brand was thrown out of the bash by GQ's editor, Dylan Jones. The comedian explained what happened at the event in a Twitter post. "GQ editor: 'What you did was very offensive to Hugo Boss.' Me: 'What Hugo Boss did was very offensive to the Jews.' #GQAwards #nazitailor," he wrote on September 4.
The fashion company apologized in 2011 for mistreatment of forced workers in its factory during World War II. The company did produce uniforms for the SS, but never designed. On its official site, the company wrote that they wanted to "express its profound regret to those who suffered harm or hardship at the factory run by Hugo Ferdinand Boss under National Socialist rule."
More Russell Brand News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard