Russell Brand Booted From GQ Men of the Year Awards Party After Making Nazi Joke
Comedian Russell Brand apparently has been kicked out of an after-party for GQ Men of the Year Awards. According to Daily Mail, Brand made a joke about the event's sponsor Hugo Boss and the company's link to Nazi at the Tuesday, September 3 event. Hugo Boss, which was founded in 1924, has been found providing uniforms for Nazi party.
"If anyone knows a bit about history and fashion, you know it was Hugo Boss who made uniforms for the Nazis," Brand said onstage. "The Nazis did have flaws, but, you know, they did look f**king fantastic, let's face it, while they were killing people on the basis of their religion and sexuality."
Shortly after, Brand was thrown out of the bash by GQ's editor, Dylan Jones. The comedian explained what happened at the event in a Twitter post. "GQ editor: 'What you did was very offensive to Hugo Boss.' Me: 'What Hugo Boss did was very offensive to the Jews.' #GQAwards #nazitailor," he wrote on September 4.
The fashion company apologized in 2011 for mistreatment of forced workers in its factory during World War II. The company did produce uniforms for the SS, but never designed. On its official site, the company wrote that they wanted to "express its profound regret to those who suffered harm or hardship at the factory run by Hugo Ferdinand Boss under National Socialist rule."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture