Russell Brand Booted From GQ Men of the Year Awards Party After Making Nazi Joke
Comedian Russell Brand apparently has been kicked out of an after-party for GQ Men of the Year Awards. According to Daily Mail, Brand made a joke about the event's sponsor Hugo Boss and the company's link to Nazi at the Tuesday, September 3 event. Hugo Boss, which was founded in 1924, has been found providing uniforms for Nazi party.
"If anyone knows a bit about history and fashion, you know it was Hugo Boss who made uniforms for the Nazis," Brand said onstage. "The Nazis did have flaws, but, you know, they did look f**king fantastic, let's face it, while they were killing people on the basis of their religion and sexuality."
Shortly after, Brand was thrown out of the bash by GQ's editor, Dylan Jones. The comedian explained what happened at the event in a Twitter post. "GQ editor: 'What you did was very offensive to Hugo Boss.' Me: 'What Hugo Boss did was very offensive to the Jews.' #GQAwards #nazitailor," he wrote on September 4.
The fashion company apologized in 2011 for mistreatment of forced workers in its factory during World War II. The company did produce uniforms for the SS, but never designed. On its official site, the company wrote that they wanted to "express its profound regret to those who suffered harm or hardship at the factory run by Hugo Ferdinand Boss under National Socialist rule."
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...