Taylor Swift Breaks Guiness World Record With 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
Taylor Swift has earned two spots in Guinness Books World of Records. The 23-year-old country star's hit entitled "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" holds the record for the fastest-selling digital single of all time as it topped the iTunes chart only 50 minutes after it was released back in August 2012.
As for the second record, Swift is named the first solo female with two million-selling weeks on U.S. album. Her 2010 album, "Speak Now", sold 1.047 million copies in its first week on Billboard Hot 200, while her 2012's "Red" sold 1.2 million.
Swift's ex-boyfriend Harry Styles also manages to break a Guiness world record. The 19-year-old heartthob's and his One Direction bandmates get the record for highest debut by a U.K. group on U.S. singles chart with their hit, "Live While We're Young." The track debuted at No. 3 on U.S. singles chart on October 20, 2012.
Justin Bieber has set a new Guiness record as well. He is named the first solo artist under 18 years old to have three No. 1 in both U.S. and U.K. The Canadian pop superstar also becomes the first musician with 3 billion views on his YouTube channel.
PSY is included in the book for the most online views for a video in 24 hours with the music video for "Gentleman" being seen 38,409,306 times on YouTube in a day. Meanwhile, Rihanna sets a new record by having more than 75 million likes on Facebook.
More Taylor Swift News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed