Katie Couric Shows Off Her Engagement Ring
Katie Couric has a new accessory that she proudly shows it off. The newly-engaged TV host rocked a new diamond sparkler when attending the U.S. Open in NYC recently. It's a token of love her boyfriend, John Molner, gave her when he proposed to her over the weekend.
Molner, 50, popped the question to Couric, 56, on the beach in East Hampton, New York. "I was stunned," the "Katie" host recalled her first reaction when he got down on one knee. "It took a long time for my brain to process what was going on."
"Meeting Katie really changed my life," her husband-to-be gushed. "I've loved getting to know her and her daughters and I couldn't be happier. When she said yes, I was just elated. It was a great culmination to one of the best periods of my life."
Couric was previously married to Jay Monahan, who died at 42 in 1998 due to colon cancer. They have two daughters together. "I made sure to call Jay's siblings - and he was one of seven kids - and they were all so happy for me. That made me even happier, that they were all so thrilled. It sort of feels like it gives me permission to feel the way I do now," she said.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris