Katie Couric Shows Off Her Engagement Ring
Katie Couric has a new accessory that she proudly shows it off. The newly-engaged TV host rocked a new diamond sparkler when attending the U.S. Open in NYC recently. It's a token of love her boyfriend, John Molner, gave her when he proposed to her over the weekend.
Molner, 50, popped the question to Couric, 56, on the beach in East Hampton, New York. "I was stunned," the "Katie" host recalled her first reaction when he got down on one knee. "It took a long time for my brain to process what was going on."
"Meeting Katie really changed my life," her husband-to-be gushed. "I've loved getting to know her and her daughters and I couldn't be happier. When she said yes, I was just elated. It was a great culmination to one of the best periods of my life."
Couric was previously married to Jay Monahan, who died at 42 in 1998 due to colon cancer. They have two daughters together. "I made sure to call Jay's siblings - and he was one of seven kids - and they were all so happy for me. That made me even happier, that they were all so thrilled. It sort of feels like it gives me permission to feel the way I do now," she said.
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'