'Breaking Bad' Sets Guinness World Record as Highest-Rated TV Series
"Breaking Bad" is entering the Guinness World Records 2014. The AMC series gets the honor as the Highest-Rated TV Series (Current) after scoring a 99 out of 100 average critics' rating on review aggregator Metacritic for its fifth and final season.
Demi Lovato and Betty White also earn a place in the 2014 edition of the records book. The former star on Disney Channel's "Sonny with a Chance" is named the youngest "The X Factor (US)" judge, joining the panel for the first time when she was 19. "Guinness Book of World Records 2014???! SO cool!!! Haha," she tweeted.
Veteran comedienne White, meanwhile, is entering the book for the Longest TV Career for a Entertainer (Female). Starting her television career in 1939, the 91-year-old actress has starred on such TV shows as "The Mary Tyler Moore Show", "The Golden Girls" and "Hot in Cleveland".
"I was astounded when [GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS] called to tell me. Who? Me!?! It's such as honor," White comments on the honor. "The book has always been fascinating to me. I can't believe I'm now associated with it."
The Guinness World Record also acknowledges the achievement of some music icons, namely Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Rihanna.
In "Breaking Bad"-related news, the show's bosses have just shared to Entertainment Weekly some proposed storylines that never made it into the final script. At one point, the writers had an idea to feature the tale of a New Mexico cowboy in a flashback to 100 years ago.
"It was going to have all these weird tangential relationships with a different cast scattered throughout the season in these three- to four-minute teasers, and it would all somehow in the end come together in the main story," says co-executive producer Peter Gould. "Walt would have a showdown at the same spot where this other character had died at the end of those."
The story was eventually rejected because "it never felt knitted together with the main story." Plus, Gould thinks the flashback would have taken away too much screen time from the series' main characters.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event