'RoboCop' Remake First Trailer: 'This Is the Future of American Justice'
"When crime is out of control, the only solution isn't human," so the first trailer for "RoboCop" remake introduces the coming of the superhuman cyborg law enforcer that is portrayed by "Easy Money" star Joel Kinnaman. As seen in the video, the new take on Paul Verhoeven's 1987 action pic will present a much cooler and meaner Robocop.
Directed by Jose Padilha, the pic is set in 2028. Alex Murphy, a loving husband, father and good cop who is critically injured in the line of duty, finds a new life thanks to OmniCorp's remarkable robotics science. Returning to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, he, however, will deal with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
In the trailer, there is Michael Keaton appearing as Raymond Sellars, the villainous CEO of OmniCorp. Gary Oldman in his role of Dr. Dennett Norton, the scientist who creates RoboCop, is featured telling Abbie Cornish's Clara Murphy that he can save her husband who is seen suffering horrifying burns.
"Elite Squad" helmer Padilha directs from a script by "The Amazing Spider-Man" scribe James Vanderbilt. Also supported by Samuel L. Jackson, who shows up briefly in the video, "Robocop" will storm theaters nationwide on February 7, 2014.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked