'RoboCop' Remake First Trailer: 'This Is the Future of American Justice'
"When crime is out of control, the only solution isn't human," so the first trailer for "RoboCop" remake introduces the coming of the superhuman cyborg law enforcer that is portrayed by "Easy Money" star Joel Kinnaman. As seen in the video, the new take on Paul Verhoeven's 1987 action pic will present a much cooler and meaner Robocop.
Directed by Jose Padilha, the pic is set in 2028. Alex Murphy, a loving husband, father and good cop who is critically injured in the line of duty, finds a new life thanks to OmniCorp's remarkable robotics science. Returning to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, he, however, will deal with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
In the trailer, there is Michael Keaton appearing as Raymond Sellars, the villainous CEO of OmniCorp. Gary Oldman in his role of Dr. Dennett Norton, the scientist who creates RoboCop, is featured telling Abbie Cornish's Clara Murphy that he can save her husband who is seen suffering horrifying burns.
"Elite Squad" helmer Padilha directs from a script by "The Amazing Spider-Man" scribe James Vanderbilt. Also supported by Samuel L. Jackson, who shows up briefly in the video, "Robocop" will storm theaters nationwide on February 7, 2014.
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction