'RoboCop' Remake First Trailer: 'This Is the Future of American Justice'
"When crime is out of control, the only solution isn't human," so the first trailer for "RoboCop" remake introduces the coming of the superhuman cyborg law enforcer that is portrayed by "Easy Money" star Joel Kinnaman. As seen in the video, the new take on Paul Verhoeven's 1987 action pic will present a much cooler and meaner Robocop.
Directed by Jose Padilha, the pic is set in 2028. Alex Murphy, a loving husband, father and good cop who is critically injured in the line of duty, finds a new life thanks to OmniCorp's remarkable robotics science. Returning to the streets of his beloved city with amazing new abilities, he, however, will deal with issues a regular man has never had to face before.
In the trailer, there is Michael Keaton appearing as Raymond Sellars, the villainous CEO of OmniCorp. Gary Oldman in his role of Dr. Dennett Norton, the scientist who creates RoboCop, is featured telling Abbie Cornish's Clara Murphy that he can save her husband who is seen suffering horrifying burns.
"Elite Squad" helmer Padilha directs from a script by "The Amazing Spider-Man" scribe James Vanderbilt. Also supported by Samuel L. Jackson, who shows up briefly in the video, "Robocop" will storm theaters nationwide on February 7, 2014.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic