Video: Nelly and Florida Georgia Line Perform 'Cruise' on 'Today' Show
Grammy Award-winning rapper Nelly and the popular country music duo of Florida Georgia Line entertained the crowd that had gathered at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City on Labor Day for "Today" Show Concert Series. They performed their collaboration track "Cruise", a remix of a cut off FGL's debut studio album "Here's to the Good Times" released back in December 2012.
Aside from performing together on "Cruise", they also separately dished out their individual hits, with Tyler Hubbard and Brain Kelley playing "Round Here", the third single to be released from the same album. Meanwhile, Nelly took the audience back in time with his old school hit "Hot in Here" and gave them a taste of his new music by debuting the song "Heaven" featuring British singer Daley.
During a chat with program hosts Willie Geist and Savannah Guthrie, Hubbard, who admitted he was a "huge fan of Nelly since middle school," said that their team-up on the "Cruise" remix came about easily since Nelly was interested to do a remix and they were fortunately all on the same record label. "We gave him about a day and he sent up the song back and we were blown away by it, so it was a huge honor," he said.
Returning the compliment, Nelly revealed he was actually a fan of country music and that teaming up with FGL "was an honor and a pleasure and the song was a smash."
Florida Georgia Line and Nelly performing "Cruise" on "Today":
Nelly and Dalley performing "Heaven" on "Today":
Florida Georgia Line performing "Round Here" on "Today":
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'