Video: Nelly and Florida Georgia Line Perform 'Cruise' on 'Today' Show
Grammy Award-winning rapper Nelly and the popular country music duo of Florida Georgia Line entertained the crowd that had gathered at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City on Labor Day for "Today" Show Concert Series. They performed their collaboration track "Cruise", a remix of a cut off FGL's debut studio album "Here's to the Good Times" released back in December 2012.
Aside from performing together on "Cruise", they also separately dished out their individual hits, with Tyler Hubbard and Brain Kelley playing "Round Here", the third single to be released from the same album. Meanwhile, Nelly took the audience back in time with his old school hit "Hot in Here" and gave them a taste of his new music by debuting the song "Heaven" featuring British singer Daley.
During a chat with program hosts Willie Geist and Savannah Guthrie, Hubbard, who admitted he was a "huge fan of Nelly since middle school," said that their team-up on the "Cruise" remix came about easily since Nelly was interested to do a remix and they were fortunately all on the same record label. "We gave him about a day and he sent up the song back and we were blown away by it, so it was a huge honor," he said.
Returning the compliment, Nelly revealed he was actually a fan of country music and that teaming up with FGL "was an honor and a pleasure and the song was a smash."
Florida Georgia Line and Nelly performing "Cruise" on "Today":
Nelly and Dalley performing "Heaven" on "Today":
Florida Georgia Line performing "Round Here" on "Today":
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'