Artist of the Week: Ariana Grande
Ariana Grande is the next big thing both on TV and music industry. The multi-talented young star began her acting career in Broadway in 2008 and later joined "Victorious" in 2010. On the same year she began playing Cat on the Nickelodeon comedy series, she began working on an album.
Entitled "Yours Truly", Grande's long-awaited debut album is set to arrive on Tuesday, September 3. "I'm a big perfectionist!" Grande told Seventeen Magazine of the three years she spent to complete the album.
"I'm trying to channel super-confident women like Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey and [Beyonce Knowles], because I realized that if you want something, you really have to go for it, just like they do," Grande told the magazine.
In another interview with Elle, the "Sam & Cat" star dished about her love for music. She told the magazine that she wanted to use all her time to continue making music.
"If I could, I would not do anything else. I'd just be in the studio for my whole life. I would never go to parties, events, and red carpets. I would rather just be in the studio for the whole time. I don't even care. Nobody has to know what I look like. I just want to make music," she said.
People started paying attention to Grande's music after she released her collaboration with Mac Miller, "The Way", earlier this year. Peaking at No. 9 on Billboard Hot 100, the song was a big hit and Grande admitted that her life changed since the single arrived.
"Since 'The Way' came out a lot has happened, a lot has changed," the 20-year-old singer continued. "I've been followed around by people with cameras, which is insane to me. I don't really understand it; I never will... I'm not too comfortable with the whole celebrity thing, but I think I'm doing well with the music thing, and that's what makes me happy."
With all the success she had, Grande still wanted to do what she used to do in Broadway: theater. "I want to be a recording artist for my whole entire life. But Broadway is something I would come back to at any given moment," she added. "I love, love, love doing theater."
More Ariana Grande News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest