Artist of the Week: Ariana Grande
Ariana Grande is the next big thing both on TV and music industry. The multi-talented young star began her acting career in Broadway in 2008 and later joined "Victorious" in 2010. On the same year she began playing Cat on the Nickelodeon comedy series, she began working on an album.
Entitled "Yours Truly", Grande's long-awaited debut album is set to arrive on Tuesday, September 3. "I'm a big perfectionist!" Grande told Seventeen Magazine of the three years she spent to complete the album.
"I'm trying to channel super-confident women like Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey and [Beyonce Knowles], because I realized that if you want something, you really have to go for it, just like they do," Grande told the magazine.
In another interview with Elle, the "Sam & Cat" star dished about her love for music. She told the magazine that she wanted to use all her time to continue making music.
"If I could, I would not do anything else. I'd just be in the studio for my whole life. I would never go to parties, events, and red carpets. I would rather just be in the studio for the whole time. I don't even care. Nobody has to know what I look like. I just want to make music," she said.
People started paying attention to Grande's music after she released her collaboration with Mac Miller, "The Way", earlier this year. Peaking at No. 9 on Billboard Hot 100, the song was a big hit and Grande admitted that her life changed since the single arrived.
"Since 'The Way' came out a lot has happened, a lot has changed," the 20-year-old singer continued. "I've been followed around by people with cameras, which is insane to me. I don't really understand it; I never will... I'm not too comfortable with the whole celebrity thing, but I think I'm doing well with the music thing, and that's what makes me happy."
With all the success she had, Grande still wanted to do what she used to do in Broadway: theater. "I want to be a recording artist for my whole entire life. But Broadway is something I would come back to at any given moment," she added. "I love, love, love doing theater."
More Ariana Grande News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!