James Franco Sends Venice Into Frenzy When Promoting Two New Movies
James Franco arrived to thousands of screaming fans at the Venice Film Festival, where he promoted his new directorial effort "Child of God" on Saturday, August 31 as well as "Palo Alto (2013)", in which he stars, the next day. For both important events, Dave Franco's brother looked dapper in a dark-colored fancy suit.
At the premiere of "Child of God", screened in competition at the festival, 35-year-old Franco hit the red carpet alongside Scott Haze, who takes the lead as a violent man in the novel-adapted flick. Both of them were all smiles as they posed for shutterbugs at the Palazzo del Cinema and greeted fans.
On Sunday, it was time for Franco to support Gia Coppola, who makes her directing debut with "Palo Alto", one of out-of-competition titles at the 17th edition of the festival. Claudia Levy also posed together with the "Spider-Man" actor and the granddaughter of Francis Ford Coppola for the photocall.
"It was important for me to find my own voice and try to do it on my own," the first-time helmer said to the media at the same festival where her relative, Sofia Coppola, won Golden Lion in 2010 for "Somewhere".
In "Child of God", based on Cormac McCarthy's 1973 novel, Franco takes supporting role as Jerry. Meanwhile, in the other one, based on his 2011 short story collection, the actor plays a soccer coach who seduces a student, played by Emma Roberts.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna