James Franco Sends Venice Into Frenzy When Promoting Two New Movies
James Franco arrived to thousands of screaming fans at the Venice Film Festival, where he promoted his new directorial effort "Child of God" on Saturday, August 31 as well as "Palo Alto (2013)", in which he stars, the next day. For both important events, Dave Franco's brother looked dapper in a dark-colored fancy suit.
At the premiere of "Child of God", screened in competition at the festival, 35-year-old Franco hit the red carpet alongside Scott Haze, who takes the lead as a violent man in the novel-adapted flick. Both of them were all smiles as they posed for shutterbugs at the Palazzo del Cinema and greeted fans.
On Sunday, it was time for Franco to support Gia Coppola, who makes her directing debut with "Palo Alto", one of out-of-competition titles at the 17th edition of the festival. Claudia Levy also posed together with the "Spider-Man" actor and the granddaughter of Francis Ford Coppola for the photocall.
"It was important for me to find my own voice and try to do it on my own," the first-time helmer said to the media at the same festival where her relative, Sofia Coppola, won Golden Lion in 2010 for "Somewhere".
In "Child of God", based on Cormac McCarthy's 1973 novel, Franco takes supporting role as Jerry. Meanwhile, in the other one, based on his 2011 short story collection, the actor plays a soccer coach who seduces a student, played by Emma Roberts.
More James Franco News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation