James Franco Sends Venice Into Frenzy When Promoting Two New Movies
James Franco arrived to thousands of screaming fans at the Venice Film Festival, where he promoted his new directorial effort "Child of God" on Saturday, August 31 as well as "Palo Alto (2013)", in which he stars, the next day. For both important events, Dave Franco's brother looked dapper in a dark-colored fancy suit.
At the premiere of "Child of God", screened in competition at the festival, 35-year-old Franco hit the red carpet alongside Scott Haze, who takes the lead as a violent man in the novel-adapted flick. Both of them were all smiles as they posed for shutterbugs at the Palazzo del Cinema and greeted fans.
On Sunday, it was time for Franco to support Gia Coppola, who makes her directing debut with "Palo Alto", one of out-of-competition titles at the 17th edition of the festival. Claudia Levy also posed together with the "Spider-Man" actor and the granddaughter of Francis Ford Coppola for the photocall.
"It was important for me to find my own voice and try to do it on my own," the first-time helmer said to the media at the same festival where her relative, Sofia Coppola, won Golden Lion in 2010 for "Somewhere".
In "Child of God", based on Cormac McCarthy's 1973 novel, Franco takes supporting role as Jerry. Meanwhile, in the other one, based on his 2011 short story collection, the actor plays a soccer coach who seduces a student, played by Emma Roberts.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard